Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, NSwx said:

Wouldn’t take make of a shift west to get this into Halifax, I wonder how far this can actually come west ? It was over St, Johns a few days ago now both the 0z Euro and Canadian have this landfalling on the Eastern Shore around Canso. 

It probably has more room to tick west, but you also have to factor in that these sometimes tick east immediately before landfall. Not sure if it happens as often in Atlantic Canada as it does down here in New England. Regardless, blending the ensembles gets a landfall between Cape Breton Island and the western tip of NL. Basically the NHC track. What's impressive to me is the intensity the ensembles bring to the region. If that verified, that'd be something. 

qSck8Qx.png

YpkZMOF.png

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Some action in the gulf, then turn hybrid and run into a unseasonably cold airmass so I can stay at a Airbnb in W Nowhere ville in NNE at 2k

I do not dislike the pattern of these big tropical systems from multiple basins merging with extratropical lows throughout the fall.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, bristolri_wx said:

Fiona not affecting us except for some waves, but still fun to track when you see this type of weenie model output:

48448FB6-8B7A-4124-9FA8-8B04D84D5D83.png

I am eager to watch Fiona unfold in the Maritimes. I usually don't care about systems outside of the continental US, but something about a LI express redux, though displaced east, intrigues me....will be nice to sit back and watch and not have to worry about the blog, too. Its rare that a system that captures my interest doesn't necessitate blogs, so that will be cool.

I'll be busy next week, though.....gonna fire out a quick winter update today, then onto the tropics all of next week.

• Like 2