Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its a catch 22....if it entrains more dry air once n of the islands, it intensifies more slowly, and threatens the se as a more meager system...if it ingests less dry air, it goes to town and gives ginxy and pickles their wave orgy.

This is why major impactor is exceedingly unlikely.

Nothing like a good breaker under Taylor Swift's summer home. Just gets my mojo going.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nothing like a good breaker under Taylor Swift's summer home. Just gets my mojo going.

Believe me, I desperately want interesting weather as much as any of us, but I can feign interest in this...it is what it is. No offense to those deeply interested in waves or meager tropical threats...its a weather forum. Have at it and to each their own.

I’m in the “interested because it’s in the right area, but wouldn’t post about it on social media because it doesn’t look good and it would give people the wrong impression” camp. Modeling isn’t looking favorable on this one as it moves west… not surprising… but still worth a periodic check in through Sunday. Fiona is down 28-3 at the half…:rolleyes:

• Like 1

The core just got ejected again ...  

Couple hours ago ( still is the case ) minoring anvil trajectories out ahead of Fiona were tending more toward the N as opposed to right at her - that implied lowering shear. 

But it doesn't appear the TC is responding to a more favorable environment - so the speculation may not be seeing some layers...

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I hope we get this hurricane with no 7 days of a modeling cinema before hand -

that'd be an interesting sociological observation/experiment

Oh ya….Surprise like ‘38….except in this case it’s a fish storm until it isn’t…like 24-36 hrs before hand and then she’s freight training on in.