Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Tracking the Tropics

40/70 Benchmark

50 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

They're ignorable until they're not. 

The weaker this stays now the more likely it'll get further west. Models seem pretty bullish on development down the line even if it plows into Hispaniola. 

1) It must remain weak enough to avoid recurving, while still maintaining its overall integrity, a task which is made a bit taller by the fact that a weaker, more westward tracking system is more likely to interact with Hispaniola.

2) The way I see this is that there is a pretty narrow path to major US impacts considering that a it must thread the need in limiting interaction with the Greater Antilles, while also avoiding re-curvature. 

I feel like the ceiling for US impact is a TS, with perhaps a slight risk of a minimal cane....which fits my definition of ignorable. I know others may disagree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s still a little early to be terribly invested. This is far from a lock in bringing continental US impacts and it’ll probably be that way for a few days. Can’t beat the model drama though, especially in this season of bore. 

Yes, been saying I'll decide once and for all whether to really follow it or not this weekend.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m thoroughly ashamed to say it, but at the very least I just want to see some big weenie op runs. I was almost a new man at work yesterday after that GFS run. :lol: 

Same....like I said, it felt good viewing a model for the first time since early March.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

The season of bore goes on….just horrid. I guess this is how it feels too I’ve in San Diego. 

How can you say that at this stage? So much left unanswered about this whole setup. I think it’s clear a lot is still in play. Gulf to OTS and everything in between. Also this could even get shredded by the islands. Wait and see with lots of surprises ahead. 

1 hour ago, Diggiebot said:

How can you say that at this stage? So much left unanswered about this whole setup. I think it’s clear a lot is still in play. Gulf to OTS and everything in between. Also this could even get shredded by the islands. Wait and see with lots of surprises ahead. 

I know…you’re correct. Just felt like venting a bit.  Sorry for the downer post lol.