Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
possible first significant rain in months for some 8/21-23

forkyfork

3 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

Well over 3” here. Weather.cod shows my area in “yellow” for storm total, not sure how accurate that is. 

Little bit under 1.5" here.  Had some very heavy downpours but I guess it wasn't long enough to really add up.  

Not bad though considering the 2.5" on Saturday.  That's a 4" dent into the drought.

• Like 1

Looks like it poured over night. Radar estimates over an inch. I’m shocked. 
North Shore in Suffolk got smacked this morning...

On the south shore... nada once again...

Not even drizzle over the last 48 hours...

Amazing how when a pattern sets in... it just takes over...

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Part of me is pretty sad that the drought will intensify on the south shore of Nassau, with many trees already dead or dying. On the the other hand I find any extreme weather event interesting.
.00” for yesterday in wantagh at my parents and .00” at my place in Lynbook

The drought to me is pretty interesting. Almost a Mediterranean style summer. Only had 3 events since the beginning of July over 0.10" of precip. A nearby station recorded only 0.78" since July 1st. Consistent stable marine air on the south shore pretty much kills any chance, but it's usually not this bad. Globals are continuing the dry spell here. Must be a lot of sinking air on the western flank of the WAR.

The drought to me is pretty interesting. Almost a Mediterranean style summer. Only had 3 events since the beginning of July over 0.10" of precip. A nearby station recorded only 0.78" since July 1st. Consistent stable marine air on the south shore pretty much kills any chance, but it's usually not this bad. Globals are continuing the dry spell here. Must be a lot of sinking air on the western flank of the WAR.

It’s really going to get bad… massive tree die off incoming. Not to mention the fire danger

22 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s really going to get bad… massive tree die off incoming. Not to mention the fire danger

In Long Beach it looks terrible. Most of the trees there are small, new trees planted post Sandy and most of them are losing leaves. Lawns are all dead which haven’t been regularly watered since June. 

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

In Long Beach it looks terrible. Most of the trees there are small, new trees planted post Sandy and most of them are losing leaves. Lawns are all dead which haven’t been regularly watered since June. 

South shore should be xeriscaping anyways.