Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2022 - 2023 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

On 6/1/2023 at 9:01 PM, MarkO said:

Season ain't over yet. Hit up Killington today for some sloppy turns. This years goal is ski every month. Booked a trip to Valle Nevado in August, but still got to figure something out for July. Thinking Mammoth considering they still have nearly half the mountain open which is absolutely insane for this time of year.

349091429_1023490742362261_2239819328126292693_n.jpg

Nicely done!  

I’ve hiked down from the summit in July and made some decent turns in Tucks.  It’s a much easier hike than going up from Pinkham notch. 

I have skied in Washington state in august.  There is a ton of decent skiing there through the summer.  Rainier has a few decent permanent snowfields but even easier is up near Mount Baker. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread b/c the 2022-2023 season isn't done yet. We had a blast on a road trip that started in Vegas, through Death Valley (forecast high was 124F and van thermo read 126F (while driving), got a little scary when I smelled radiator coolant leaving Death Valley. Spent 2 days skiing in Mammoth (conditions were surprisingly good considering temps were in the 70's, but you got to get there early as it gets sloppy and they run from 7:30 until noon). Finished the trip driving through Inyo and Yosemite, and stayed a night in Marina Del Rey. 

Valley Nevado next week.

Jake ski.jpg

mammoth2.jpg

• Like 9

14 hours ago, MarkO said:

Resurrecting this thread b/c the 2022-2023 season isn't done yet. We had a blast on a road trip that started in Vegas, through Death Valley (forecast high was 124F and van thermo read 126F (while driving), got a little scary when I smelled radiator coolant leaving Death Valley. Spent 2 days skiing in Mammoth (conditions were surprisingly good considering temps were in the 70's, but you got to get there early as it gets sloppy and they run from 7:30 until noon). Finished the trip driving through Inyo and Yosemite, and stayed a night in Marina Del Rey. 

Valley Nevado next week.

Jake ski.jpg

mammoth2.jpg

That’s awesome.