Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2022 - 2023 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

4 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Stump shot glade. Love all that steep terrain around gondi line etc. Another fantastic day at loaf. Low clouds never made it up to the valley although you could see them just to the south. Today might have been warmer and calmer than yesterday. Just an unreal weekend up there! 

Ah, I skied that several times on Thursday and it was very good but took several runs from the top of winter's way early on Friday and found the snow there to be heavy and unsupportive and stayed out. thought the gondi glades were very good both Thursday and Friday. Basically, Thursday was just continuous laps down from summit to either winter's way, gondi woods or bumblecuffer...went over to the king pine area on Friday and took a couple of runs and wasn't impressed - they had knocked down all the bumps especially on misery whip which I love.

44 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tim captured that last day vibe. Man miss it so much. All you skiers hope you had a great last day at your home mountain.  Well some are still rocking.

It was all-time.

The hill tapped out the season with 8 straight days of sunshine, including 4 straight record highs days.

Everyone on social media talking about the time of their lives.

• Like 2

Saddleback! 

Great lift lay out, less freeze/thaw, beautiful views, remote, great trees, great terrain, great base lodge and most importantly the friendliest people I have met all season.  

Nice way to round out my season. Nearly 100% open on natural snow mid april.  

Saddleback welcome to number one New England ski area status!  

AD1FC690-EBF7-4859-8A16-70D58BE0BB4C.jpeg

9C4636AA-120B-49CA-BA5E-D9B5A8CE839B.jpeg

11BDBE51-EAD2-49EF-A8F2-998A66705681.jpeg

54C7C8CF-53C9-472C-93D2-B0BF939102EF.jpeg

D6FE5DEB-F580-492C-B59B-1BCB85E4439C.jpeg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It was all-time.

The hill tapped out the season with 8 straight days of sunshine, including 4 straight record highs days.

Everyone on social media talking about the time of their lives.

Yeah just an incredible stretch. Was able to hit Smuggs, Whiteface, Tucks and MRG last week.  I love powder but a warm sunny spring day on the hill is about as fun as skiing gets.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Tim captured that last day vibe. Man miss it so much. All you skiers hope you had a great last day at your home mountain.  Well some are still rocking.

That was pretty awesome.  I love how everyone hung out at the top, waiting for last chair.

Where was he goin in the gondola at the end?  One more private run?

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

That was pretty awesome.  I love how everyone hung out at the top, waiting for last chair.

Where was he goin in the gondola at the end?  One more private run?

Stowe has a gondola that crosses the parking lot between Spruce and Mansfield base lodges

• Like 1

Ventured to Sugarloaf for Earth Day and was quite impressive by the amount of snow and quality of snow on the open terrain. The main quad was servicing a handful of excellent runs and to the left of it was a lift that went a bit higher and serviced some good stuff too. Crowds were minor but the quad had people on almost every chair, once I had a wait a minute! In the spirit of all things New England from north Berlin, I took the northern route around Umbagog through the plantations to Rangeley, Stratton, this was beautiful scenery, didn't see another car for 20 minutes. On the way back I went south through Kingfield and many nice little towns, equally majestic. The western mountains of Maine are solid and I saw a few people kayaking on the river!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Melting out fast on the rock pile but was able to connect the snowfields down to the floor of the ravine via the chute on Friday. I’d say things are 10-14 days ahead of schedule on the hill.

ad2b310e90e1a9c6414e920af12c9057.jpg

Looks wintry up there this week. They’ve been getting freezing rain all day and now flipping to snow with up to a foot expected the next few days.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season ain't over yet. Hit up Killington today for some sloppy turns. This years goal is ski every month. Booked a trip to Valle Nevado in August, but still got to figure something out for July. Thinking Mammoth considering they still have nearly half the mountain open which is absolutely insane for this time of year.

349091429_1023490742362261_2239819328126292693_n.jpg

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MarkO said:

Season ain't over yet. Hit up Killington today for some sloppy turns. This years goal is ski every month. Booked a trip to Valle Nevado in August, but still got to figure something out for July. Thinking Mammoth considering they still have nearly half the mountain open which is absolutely insane for this time of year.

349091429_1023490742362261_2239819328126292693_n.jpg

September is the toughest month, no?

1 hour ago, MarkO said:

It usually is. Every once in a while you can get enough snow on the top of MWN for a couple turns, otherwise, it's a trip to Mt. Hood... or that indoor ski area in New Jersey. That's the back up plan.

I live ten minutes away and still haven’t been, haha.