Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2022 Observations

yotaman

4 hours ago, yotaman said:

80% chance of rain last night produced just 0.01". 90% chance today has so far produced nothing. Cloudy and a somewhat comfortable 78/72.

About half an hour after I posted this, the skies darkened, and the heavens opened up. Picked up 1.15" from a small but heavy rainstorm. No thunder at all.

I got ~1.75" of rain today from both some this morning and some this evening that lasted several hours (good soaking rain). I'm now up to a generous 6.04" mtd (from 5 different days of rain) vs the normal near 4" mtd. For the met. summer to date, I'm already at ~25", which is well above the ~20" for JJA.

A pair of heavy thunderstorms 5:45-7 PM have dropped over 2" here with lots of street flooding. That brings me to over 8" mtd, which is double the normal for 8/1-19 and over 27" met. summer to date!

Edit: total was 2" bringing me to 8.04" mtd and ~27" met summer so far

Thunderstorms gave me heavy rains at times during the early evening (8/21) and rain restarted late this evening that has lasted past midnight of 8/22. I don't have rain amounts yet.

Edit: 0.88" total on 8/21 through very early AM 8/22 bringing me to 8.92" mtd and near 28" met summer so far.

• jburns unpinned this topic