Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

wow, same areas of HarCo getting blitzed w water again

Yep.  I was in Belair, just north of downtown when it opened up.  Very close CG, instant flash and rifle sound report.  These storms show the importance of local, backyard reporting.  It's not uncommon to record 3.5" and your neighbor shows 2" for example.

13 hours ago, mattie g said:

I'm in San Juan, PR this week, and just got done an afternoon downpour. Pretty amazing how much water can fall from the sky in these parts.

I am in Toronto and it feels like San Juan. Crazy deluges then sun. Radar yesterday looked more like a tropical system than something you would expect up north.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mattie g said:

I'm in San Juan, PR this week, and just got done an afternoon downpour. Pretty amazing how much water can fall from the sky in these parts.

I spent a month in Borneo for work about 8yrs ago and every.single.day. at almost the exact same time it would rain so hard you'd start to look for an ark.  Then about 30mins later the sun would come out and humidity would go to level 11.  Really boring weather if not for the king cobras and giant monitor lizards roaming everywhere like feral dogs.  

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Average or not, I’m done with this. Euro is weaksaucing the cold front next week and that’s annoying me. GFS and GGEM are more robust and drop us a frigid 5F below normal or so.

Extended summer is annoying but has become the norm. I escaped much of it with my trip to the UK last September, but I was still able to 'enjoy' the warm and muggy weather when I got back for the latter third of the month. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

Woo hoo caught a surprise little shower for 0.13, first rain in weeks.  I'm used to being drier here than other places (orographic micro-desert) but this summer's been ridiculous.  There are places not far away with 4-5 TIMES the rainfall I've had since July 1.

We might need a tropical system to break the flash drought we’re entering.  Euro and GFS both basically skunk us through D10+.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic