Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discobs 2022

George BM

On 8/10/2022 at 6:11 PM, KAOS said:

I was going to say you are probably low on refrigerant, but didn't want to clutter up the thread with more banter. If the first tech, who said everything was ok, did not break out gauges (connected to the outside unit) then he would never know if everything is "ok". That said, the lack performance of the unit should have been a red flag to that tech. Also, you should NEVER be low on refrigerant because it is a closed system. Low refrigerant = Leak (as you now know). It sounds like you are now on a path to having A/C that works properly. You should back charge the previous tech.

Obs...

image.png.8f58fb1fdfd4220ad23d8308b0faefdf.png

Decent amount of wind prior to rain. Not sure on rain totals but not anything incredible. Almost no thunder or lighting. Though I can here some thunder in the distance.

Per the norm... I see the the pasadena rain hole developing in the pic above. Not only do I get to enjoy a precip hole during the winter... but also the summer.

I need to move.

Yeah I have no idea how the first guy determined we weren't low on refrigerant.  This guy hooked his pressure gauge up and was like duh it's low and he sniffed out a leak in the coil. Luckily it's under warranty so I just have to pay labor.  At work when we have an unplanned shutdown we lose $3M worth of refrigerant each time. Doh!  

Sorry mod, just wanted to close the loop, last mention of AC problems here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

Anyone looking up to the sky for the Perseids tonight?

https://www.imo.net/viewing-the-perseid-meteor-shower-in-2022/

Thank you so much for informing me about the shower, it was awesome to watch them with the new airmass in place. Also was the first time I’ve seen a shooting star and they are so cool. 

• Like 1

Pretty big differences between the GFS and EURO wrt the evolution of the upper low and eventual coastal surface low track. Trend is somewhat drier overall, but best chances for significant rain in our region appear to be further inland and more towards the SW portion, with the coastal low further offshore.

Folks in NE in the drought stricken areas will love the GFS, while the EURO says enjoy the nice dry weather.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic