Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Discobs 2022

George BM

5 hours ago, IronTy said:

90/76, feels like 102, ugh.  

Man it's hot. Drove my old Subaru to work today and apparently some mouse made a nest in the cabin air box because just turning the AC on smells like a mix of dead leaves and mouse piss.  Sophie's choice ..no AC in the car or mouse pee smell permeating everything

@KAOS, fyi turns out I have a condenser coil leak on my AC in the attic.  Case solved, getting fixed just in time for the cool weather.  Topped up refrigerant in the meantime and air temp dropped by 7deg instantly.  Ok sorry back to weather...

I was going to say you are probably low on refrigerant, but didn't want to clutter up the thread with more banter. If the first tech, who said everything was ok, did not break out gauges (connected to the outside unit) then he would never know if everything is "ok". That said, the lack performance of the unit should have been a red flag to that tech. Also, you should NEVER be low on refrigerant because it is a closed system. Low refrigerant = Leak (as you now know). It sounds like you are now on a path to having A/C that works properly. You should back charge the previous tech.

Obs...

image.png.8f58fb1fdfd4220ad23d8308b0faefdf.png

Decent amount of wind prior to rain. Not sure on rain totals but not anything incredible. Almost no thunder or lighting. Though I can here some thunder in the distance.

Per the norm... I see the the pasadena rain hole developing in the pic above. Not only do I get to enjoy a precip hole during the winter... but also the summer.

I need to move.

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Managed 0.37 from the edge of that earlier storm, with 1.0 to 1.5 amount just a mile or two away.  I'm lucky I got anything though with places close to the north getting skunked.

It's amazing how the same places keep getting nailed over and over again this summer

Drought begets drought 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I’m not desperate for rain, but 0.30” from this radar 40 minutes ago feels like a minor letdown.
9413B7C7-1D5F-4F06-8643-4C22E8384B76.thumb.png.6479db49e457d8d26d8f30e8053400aa.png

I feel your pain. If I don't have snowhole... I have rainhole. This place is an a-hole... a literal black hole of precipitation.

21 minutes ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

Another 3 inches per radar. I’ve now got a leak in my roof. Can I send this rain somewhere else!? 

Please send here... thanks in advance.

Frequent thunder in the distance.. both east and west, though predominately over the bay (east).

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I wonder if that doesn't weaken some by the time it gets here

SPC talked this morning about how the second round had more upper air support, but the first round would stabilize us.

I sure don’t remember many cases where a new round of convection ran into a trailing stratiform region.

9 minutes ago, yoda said:

I wonder if that doesn't weaken some by the time it gets here

Yea - suspect you're right.  The cells out around Elkins and Clarksburg looked pretty active 30 mins ago and the lightening strikes were pretty strong, but the last several frames make it look like they are losing their punch. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic