Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2022

George BM

13 hours ago, yoda said:

Looks like parts of DC got smoked looking at the LSRs

Yeah, NE DC got clocked. Not much here on the other side of town, though I could hear the thunder and see the flashes from the lightning from that cell that rocked places like Gallaudet U. I suppose the top-secret Thunderstorm Intensification Device in Rock Creek Park had something to do with that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Op GFS seems most aggressive with BN temps, but broad agreement in models and ensembles for actual real-live BN conditions next Friday and Saturday.

I'm in upstate NY northwest of Utica Thursday to Saturday do you think I'll see snow?

62 and raining here in northern Wyoming. :)

After a near lifetime hating the DC summer with the white-hot heat of a thousand suns, I have set up summer camp where the sun is hot (most days) but the humidity is low and the nights are cool. But I'll be back in DC for fall. 

(And yes, I'll be out here for part of winter, too. Guessing I won't be worrying about the rain-snow line.)

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Sitting on a tractor is not the same as us peasants cutting the grass.  :lol: 

Just messing with you.

haha - yea, I hear ya.  Cut my previous yard for years with a push mower and mowed yards for pocket change when I was a teenager - know what you mean.  I mow 1-1/2 acres now.  Mowed it with my ole 1962 Gravely walk behind for a while, but it can't compete with a diesel Kubota and 60 inch deck with a cup holder.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RDM said:

haha - yea, I hear ya.  Cut my previous yard for years with a push mower and mowed yards for pocket change when I was a teenager - know what you mean.  I mow 1-1/2 acres now.  Mowed it with my ole 1962 Gravely walk behind for a while, but it can't compete with a diesel Kubota and 60 inch deck with a cup holder.  

I spent a few summers on a landscaping team, mostly weed whacking. But every once in awhile I’d get lucky and they needed the lesser of the stupid to cut grass so I got behind a gravely on a slide. Great machines.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dailylurker said:

It's been a nice summer as far as temps go. The "heat wave" last week was typical summer weather. I work outside and haven't really been impacted much by heat this summer. Lots of mostly cloudy days with temps in the 80's. Those are easy days. Lots of easy days this season. 

Yeah pretty typical heat the last few weeks. More humid than hot. I think I hit 94 one day here, but other than that its been mostly mid to upper 80s and a few low 90s. The high dews make it gross if you have to be outside physically doing something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattie g said:

Not as bad as most early August days in years past.

Meh.

I got weenied a few weeks back by a couple posters in the July LR thread for suggesting that late July/early August would likely feature typical peak summer weather, and nothing extreme. Warminstas be serious about the big heat tho, even when it only 'exists' on a GFS op run 300 hours out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic