Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

East component to light breezes so won’t get 95-99 today, more like 88-93 so just not quite enough juice max to get us widespread flooding rains. 

Not sure about that. The radar is the proverbial Christmas Tree right now with boundaries all over the place. I think we see constant pulsing and reforming of storms for quite some time this afternoon/evening with lots of 2-3" reports.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

Not sure about that. The radar is the proverbial Christmas Tree right now with boundaries all over the place. I think we see constant pulsing and reforming of storms for quite some time this afternoon/evening with lots of 2-3" reports.

Right.    Instability is important, but Precipitable Water is a better driver of flooding rains than CAPE.

Beers at Elder Pine must have pissed off Zeus. He’s obviously mad I didn’t invite him. Next time dude. Next time!  Rain gods had to be mad too. They joined in and absolutely pummeled me for a few miles down route 100. Wipers on high was a complete and utter joke. Straight up car wash. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

I think 25% of the area had heavy rain.  Don’t know if any flooding.  Maybe 10% had 2-3” report.

For here 0.26” in 40 minutes of moderate rain, 3 minutes  of heavy rain and impressive 40mph gust. Lightning much less than yesterday. 

9 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

East component to light breezes so won’t get 95-99 today, more like 88-93 so just not quite enough juice max to get us widespread flooding rains. 

Temps were pretty good with 

DCA 94. C-

Iad 93.  B

Bwi 92  A

Andrews 89   A

Also think I had the right idea that flooding rainfall would be at a minimum 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic