• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2022

George BM

Depends on your location. I have watched many storms disintegrate as they approach my area. In my location, it has been desert-like conditions. I am watering 17 year old shrubberies (obviously established) in order to prevent them from dying. Fortunately we received some rain overnight (finally).

I have a half acre of property that I maintain. I will put it this way... I won't wash my vehicles prior to cutting my lawn due to the dust storm it creates. YMMV.

I looked at the July rainfall map from LWX (under Current Conditions/Rainfall) and there are swaths around Bowie and in St Mary's Co. in the 10-15 inch range.  That is crazy.  My area was in the 2-3 inch which is a little dry but no drought.  New Bedford, CT and much of Cape Cod had 0.25 to 0.50 for the month :stun:

23 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Big range of temps for tomorrow.  Per usual this summer the models have been hot trash on max temps, so 94ish seems most likely.

BWI hit 94 today and yesterday so wouldn’t be surprised at 97-98 pending clouds and storms.

46 minutes ago, mattie g said:

3km NAM goes CAPE crazy and drops some storms around dinnertime today.

It's the NAM. What can go wrong?

NAM Nest is doing its usual thing of having low-level dew points that are too high, which inflates the CAPE.    That said, even though that solution has the most organized convection of the CAMs, most do show at least a few storms in the area later today.     Tomorrow looks like the bigger deal.     The HRRR is an outlier with its *low* dew points - most CAMs show widespread heavy storms in the area towards dinner time. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic