Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2022

George BM

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

This morning I put the water and coffee the Keurig machine and pressed the button to brew.  I walked back 5 minutes later and realized that I forgot to put the coffee cup under drip.   Coffee was all over the counter.   Luckily none was on the floor.  

Been there. One of those moments where I think, "****, I hope this isn't incipient Alzheimer's."

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 09-10 analogy said:

Been there. One of those moments where I think, "****, I hope this isn't incipient Alzheimer's."

I know....I also fill the dishwasher, put the soap in shut the door set it....and walkaway without starting.  

Getting old sucks. :-)

• Like 1

The Os really are on quite a nice little run. Amazing to see them be this competent with the core of the prospects just now pushing to get a call-up. 

Felt like it all started to turn when Ruetschman was called up. Aside from being really good with the bat, just feels like he commands the field from behind the dish like you want a catcher to do. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The Os really are on quite a nice little run. Amazing to see them be this competent with the core of the prospects just now pushing to get a call-up. 

Felt like it all started to turn when Ruetschman was called up. Aside from being really good with the bat, just feels like he commands the field from behind the dish like you want a catcher to do. 

Yes indeed--exciting times and more to come! And I can't say enough Adley. I mean, he is just a joy to watch at the plate: his batting eye is INSANE. And to be a rookie with that kind of plate discipline and good swing decisions (didn't know that was a term until just now, lol)...you know he is gonna be a tough out who will force pitchers to throw strikes! And the OPS is amazing...and ya gotta wonder if all those doubles are gonna start turning into HRs...if they do, watch out!

And behind the plate: hes a master pitch framer, great arm and has a great rapport with the pitchers already He's got all the hallmarks of a special player in the making.

I think we are seeing him become "that dude" right before our eyes!

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

They are playing really well. I’m a firm believer in building bottom up and they have done a great job of drafting and development which they did not do for years. They have the chance to build a team that can last for years and it’s fun to watch.

• Like 1

It's fun when you find out someone is a weather geek. I was wrapping up a vet visit Th eve just as storms were coming through. Was invited to hunker, got chatting with one of the vets, and before you knew it we were slinging terms, ykwim kinda checking to see if the other got it, then just fully confessing to weenie-ness :lol: then she took out her phone and showed me 'incoming' pics from the parking lot :D

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's fun when you find out someone is a weather geek. I was wrapping up a vet visit Th eve just as storms were coming through. Was invited to hunker, got chatting with one of the vets, and before you knew it we were slinging terms, ykwim kinda checking to see if the other got it, then just fully confessing to weenie-ness :lol: then she took out her phone and showed me 'incoming' pics from the parking lot :D

It’s really the best! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Os just took lead back on a two run bomb in the bottom of the 8th from Odor.

4 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

And Odor is a straight-up emigma...like literally don't even know why or how, lolol

He had to make up for the TOOTBLAN and that horrid throw home.

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

He had to make up for the TOOTBLAN and that horrid throw home.

Yeah but that's the thing though: This ain't the first time this has happened! Folks are calling it the Roughned Rollercoaster because it's been like this all year. He'll screw up badly...but then get a clutch HR in the late innings (I think he has like 3 of those on the year, lol). And everytime you're just about done with him he does something like that! That's why I said he's an enigma, lolol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic