Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2022

George BM

Baby Yoda: @JerztwoVA Is very pleased.

A Frost Advisory is in effect from 3AM to 8AM EDT Thursday August 25th for the Greater Washington Metropolitan area.

Temps: Lows will drop to the low to mid 30s in the close in suburbs of DC with upper 30s in town.

Plants left outside could suffer damage from frost.

JerztwoVA: @Baby Yoda

@Randy   This post right here... You know what to do.

Joe the Eskimo: @Baby Yoda   Ah yes. Wasting an all-time record breaking cold airmass in the August of all months. A true Mid-Atlantic tradition like no other. You just KNOW that we’ll see all-time record warmth of this same magnitude come winter time. A strong modoki Nina will make sure of it.

Alpha: Gorgeous weather for August! :thumbsup:

JerztwoVA: @Alpha

@Randy   That’s a two-fer!

40N70W: @Joe the Eskimo   The Nina will be mod at best. I don't know where this "strong" stuff keeps coming from.

• Like 3

• George BM changed the title to August Banter 2022
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Orioles trade Trey. I thought they might, but still kind of sad. Guy is a class act and an inspiration. And I don't usually like to say public figures are "inspirations" because most of them really aren't. But he handled colon cancer with courage and came back from it to play baseball well at the highest level. Same reason why I always admired Eric Davis. 

Hope Mancini gets a ring with the Astros. 

you can see the plan from Elias - people have wondered why they are skipping mostly drafting arms in the Elias drafts and he's always said there are other ways to get arms.  He's now acquired 6 minors arms in the last two days for Mancini and Lopez - so one of the ways he had in mind was apparently to start to accumulate arms through trades.  Need to stockpile a bunch and hope some subset bubble up eventually. 

• Like 2

Went to DC last night to watch Rage Against the Machine.  

Great show with a ton of energy.  They played from about 9:15 to almost 11:00.  Zach hurt his ankle last month and does the show while sitting, but still brings it. 

They have a show tonight with tickets available.  If you can go, you really should.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Also, fire trucks on resisterstown rd and the smell of a building fire. Wondering if something got struck by lightning. I can assure everyone that any rain will not put it out.

Just to follow up but there is a fire at a business in Reisterstown Rd at Milford Mill. I can’t confirm but someone said it was lightning.

Usual Friday in the office, arrived to find the building without power. Running on generator backup. So, I can connect to internet and servers, but have no laptop plug so can't charge computer.

Could go home to work, but because there's no power here, the VPN is down so I wouldn't be able to access anything from home

Quite the conundrum. PTO instead? lol 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Usual Friday in the office, arrived to find the building without power. Running on generator backup. So, I can connect to internet and servers, but have no laptop plug so can't charge computer.

Could go home to work, but because there's no power here, the VPN is down so I wouldn't be able to access anything from home

Quite the conundrum. PTO instead? lol 

I'd just chill at work after your computer loses battery in two hours lol... save your PTO 

1 minute ago, yoda said:

I'd just chill at work after your computer loses battery in two hours lol... save your PTO 

yeah, that's what i am going to do. just work until the laptop dies. or power comes back. too much to do to take the day off

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

Having a violent coughing fit as soon as you take your first sip of coffee is a shit way to start the day. RIP curtains....

This morning I put the water and coffee the Keurig machine and pressed the button to brew.  I walked back 5 minutes later and realized that I forgot to put the coffee cup under drip.   Coffee was all over the counter.   Luckily none was on the floor.  

36 minutes ago, Scuddz said:

Having a violent coughing fit as soon as you take your first sip of coffee is a shit way to start the day. RIP curtains....

That's awesome. :lol:

I once kicked a full glass of red wine all over a wall and curtains in an old apartment. My now wife and I were eating on the floor (because I didn't have a table), then I got up to use the bathroom and just punted the f*cking thing across the room. Place looked like a GD murder scene.

• Haha 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic