Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

11 hours ago, Hoth said:

I had to flee the desolate wastelands of Hamden for Fishers today. Just two things to say: 1) It’s gorgeous out today. 2) I can’t believe just how warm the Sound is. Thought I was in Sarasota or something. 

I posted the other week about how warm the water is around here. Mid 80's in the protected harbors here all summer. The sensor out in New Haven Harbor has been 80+ for a good chunk of summer. Its at 78.1 right now. 

Look at Fall River. Normal water temperature is 71 this time of year and they are at 77.4.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/access/coastal-water-temperature-guide/natl.html

Screenshot_20220901-060601_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e8cae76703055e743401f95f88166de.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

I posted the other week about how warm the water is around here. Mid 80's in the protected harbors here all summer. The sensor out in New Haven Harbor has been 80+ for a good chunk of summer. Its at 78.1 right now. 

Look at Fall River. Normal water temperature is 71 this time of year and they are at 77.4.

Screenshot_20220901-060601_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e8cae76703055e743401f95f88166de.jpg

we did a Thimble Island dinner cruise 2 weeks ago-the boat sensor was 79.1 for the water temp in the sound off Branford...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

That's average temp Sept 1 to 15 though.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ve been over this several times..but will mention again.. The confused emojis mean the person who made the post is confused about what they posted.. in this case the poster may be confused about needing a sweater 

Sweatshirt.  Sweaters are daily cold season garb.  T-shirt with sweater over.   But tonight it will likely be sweatshirt when I do my late night walk.   

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, snowman21 said:

You guys put on sweaters for 50s? Is this the south Florida board?

Why would you not have a hoodie on with low 50 temps? Especially this time of year when our bodies make low 60’s and 50’s feel like winter temps. 
If you’re not doing any type of active work or working out I guarantee you 99% of people are in hoodies with low 50’s temps. 

7 hours ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Why would you not have a hoodie on with low 50 temps? Especially this time of year when our bodies make low 60’s and 50’s feel like winter temps. 
If you’re not doing any type of active work or working out I guarantee you 99% of people are in hoodies with low 50’s temps. 

Probably the only time I'll ever be in the 1%.  :D