Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Couple of sporadic 90 readings otherwise it seems everyone's 88/66 or thereabouts. 

Warm sun. Low wind.  With occasional saw bugs ( I guess those are Cicadas).       ... summer doldrums

I saw 93F on the car thermo as I was climbing the Fitchburg hills on Rte 2 west

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It is hot in CT this afternoon, that’s for sure.

”It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.”

As it should be. We have a week left before we say goodbye. Then it will be Sumtember, Torchtober, Mowvember before we get to Dewcember. Then we hope for 6 weeks of winter starting in Tanuary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

As it should be. We have a week left before we say goodbye. Then it will be Sumtember, Torchtober, Mowvember before we get to Dewcember. Then we hope for 6 weeks of winter starting in Tanuary. 

You’re starting to lose your mind, lol.  You sound like your about a year away from living in Florida.

What happens in a week?  Pattern change?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

WTTTE 

Thompson Dam was ridiculously low.  That thing is like earth islands between large puddles.  Never would’ve known half of that stuff was there under the surface.  Saw some folks like walking on the bed surface that’s usually like 4-5 feet of water.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Thompson Dam was ridiculously low.  That thing is like earth islands between large puddles.  Never would’ve known half of that stuff was there under the surface.  Saw some folks like walking on the bed surface that’s usually like 4-5 feet of water.

Ginx said everything fine . Mowed 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Sad but true, the old winters of yore are over for us along the coast in SNE.  Just hope to squeeze in the occasional KU. 

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Any dead bodies in barrels?

I take my dog for walks up there, nice trails.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Definitely warm this evening. Was down to 75° but the wind cranked up and it’s 79° again. Trying to enjoy the last of the warm nights. 

Last? You mean of Augdewst I’m assuming . Looking at models .very few mild nights other than Thursday and Fri. AC humming well into Septorcher 

Heh. No one’s asking me but imho this summer was an aridity outlier, an anomaly that actually fell outside the already established/empirically verifying predictions of CC elevating ambient theta-e. 

Shows -perhaps- that good ole fashioned variability can still yank things around. 

42 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s hard to believe, but 15 years after I first stepped on campus, I led my first class at UConn. Beautiful evening on campus. 

Congrats - I was an adjunct at UConn for about 15 years.  The only thing better than the first class is when you are walking back to your car after the final exam after a really good semester.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh. No one’s asking me but imho this summer was an aridity outlier, an anomaly that actually fell outside the already established/empirically verifying predictions of CC elevating ambient theta-e. 

Shows -perhaps- that good ole fashioned variability can still yank things around. 

I keep going back to that volcano water vapor ejection.  I think the jury is still out.  The hot and dry air masses all around the midriff of the entire northern hemroidisphere, on every landmass on this side of the tropics…seems too unlikely of a coincidence that there isn't a common cause.  I know nasa said no but what do they know?  If they stuck to space flight maybe they would be flying in space right now. 

6 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I keep going back to that volcano water vapor ejection.  I think the jury is still out.  The hot and dry air masses all around the midriff of the entire northern hemroidisphere, on every landmass on this side of the tropics…seems too unlikely of a coincidence that there isn't a common cause.  I know nasa said no but what do they know?  If they stuck to space flight maybe they would be flying in space right now. 

Get used to it. … the heat aspect. 

What does NASA know?

- I tend to agree with NOAA and/or NASA re WV injection … which probably isn’t saying much. Lol 

But water vapor injected into an ambient atmosphere pressure that  ranges fro 100mb (bottom) to .04mb (top) would disperse very rapidly due to saturation vapor pressure, as the plume first entered.  

So it’s spread out probably approaching homogeneity by now … it’s a potent greenhouse gas but, likely too gossamer in this state to significantly augment the temperatures - which nothing unusual is occurring.. If there was some form of planetary scaled mechanical forcing it would register in part as a thermal inversion  

1 hour ago, Connecticut Appleman said:

Congrats - I was an adjunct at UConn for about 15 years.  The only thing better than the first class is when you are walking back to your car after the final exam after a really good semester.

Nice. I’m dipping my toe in the water. It’s great to do something different and take on a new challenge.

• Like 1