Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That looks much more realistic. Hit or miss stuff. Probably no line segments as updrafts will struggle 

How can you tell the difference between the looped image and a single image to deduce there will be no line segments?

Would need to see the loop of it I’d think?

Jeez ... had the thought that Tokage's absorption into the N. Pac circulation manifold might lend to some downstream amplitude over western N/A ...at last, enough to shot across the bow us with a cool shot. But looking at day's GEFs and EPS 850 mb anomalies, they don't appear impressive enough to warrant much hope for that.  It just won't be 87... 79 for two days?  I dunno

It may be a mild back for 2 days, but ... beyond that, the baseline mode of warmer than normal ( ~ Sept 3 --> ) reestablishes itself. In fact, there are really no negative anomalies at all below 50 deg N over the eastern 2/3rd of the continent,  right out to the end of those runs.  

We can't call every cool shot the end of summer, just because it coincides with the calendar time of the year.  If we're spending 90 percent of a 384 hour looping above normal ...

By the way, even if a hurricane were to MDR its way into rare existence for this season, I see no evidence - for now - that the hemisphere will orient in such a way as to make it an EC ordeal. 

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You’ll be up over 5” after tomorrow. Magical even though 2 Sbury Cocorahs are half . Post a pic of 2 of lawn. Let’s see how green 

It’s gross with many bare spots and crabgrass. Once the drought hit, I let it go. Next month we’ll aerate and seed with JG Black Beauty. 

• Thanks 1

Beautiful summer evening.  72/62

I look forward to whatever warmth we get in the next few weeks because I know it’s fleeting after that.

Tonight is my Friday night because I’m working an event on Sunday.  Relaxing with some West Coast IPAs.
I’m sure Kevin will cringe but I get sick of the “Hazy New England” IPA stuff sometimes. 

86648BDE-2C54-47FF-98F3-11C755C8F72C.thumb.jpeg.f0154ce212e4dcf4a473d9457c93a32d.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That's awesome, pup looks to be living the good life there.  Mine surgically removes the squeaky thing from any stuffed toy within minutes of getting it.  Then drags the remains of the toy around for the next year or so, ha.

There is not a single toy he won’t destroy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s gross with many bare spots and crabgrass. Once the drought hit, I let it go. Next month we’ll aerate and seed with JG Black Beauty. 

Dude, plant native stuff. This is your chance to move away from the barren, monoculture to something better. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That's awesome, pup looks to be living the good life there.  Mine surgically removes the squeaky thing from any stuffed toy within minutes of getting it.  Then drags the remains of the toy around for the next year or so, ha.

Um careful we lost a rescue dog who swallowed a squeaker and developed sepsis.

• Sad 2