Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

Someone likely stole his rain.

"

A Massachusetts man who allegedly threatened people at a trail hut in Bethlehem, N.H., on Saturday was arrested after he was reportedly found naked on the hut’s roof, officials said.

Charges are pending for Brian Cheverier, 35, of Boylston, New Hampshire Fish and Game said in a statement Monday. No hikers were injured during the incident.

Fish and Game officials were informed of a hiker who was threatening people at the Appalachian Mountain Club’s Zealand Falls Hut in Bethlehem at about 5:50 p.m., the statement said.

Conservation officers, along with an officer from the US Forest Service hiked 2.7 miles to the hut and “discovered an agitated naked male on the roof,” Fish and Game said."

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, kdxken said:

"

A Massachusetts man who allegedly threatened people at a trail hut in Bethlehem, N.H., on Saturday was arrested after he was reportedly found naked on the hut’s roof, officials said.

Charges are pending for Brian Cheverier, 35, of Boylston, New Hampshire Fish and Game said in a statement Monday. No hikers were injured during the incident.

Fish and Game officials were informed of a hiker who was threatening people at the Appalachian Mountain Club’s Zealand Falls Hut in Bethlehem at about 5:50 p.m., the statement said.

Conservation officers, along with an officer from the US Forest Service hiked 2.7 miles to the hut and “discovered an agitated naked male on the roof,” Fish and Game said."

Dendy? Brian , agitation, cocks ?

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tbliss with 4+ “ of rain in last 10 days fumbling with sump pump in basement tonight.. Scoots in S Wey with a couple inches this month .. the Cape to Duxbury with 3-5” in 2 hours today .. gonna be some changes on the drought monitor Thursday morning. Better in SE Mass and worse from Ginx to NY border . 

I don’t have 2” lol. 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Any truth to these radar estimates?  Wild values.

81CCE36E-6390-4528-A2FD-33AF5B1D8B64.jpeg.ddf3254a7269a44b03acb826b4ff2eff.jpeg

Probably legit. Big gap in that zone on the mesowest coverage, but the surrounding values line up. Never looked too heavy on radar…probably that dense, small droplet rain.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

6.79 seems high, but it has been pouring non-stop for over 3 hours

Just watched the whole radar loop since 6pm and it’s pretty impressive.  Love that stuff.  I don’t know how big one or two pixels are (a mile?) but rainfall does vary quite a bit locally on that product.  Big area of 2-4” pixels but narrow corridor of 5-7”. Probably never know for sure the max amount depending on station locations… but that’s a large footprint overall of heavy rain.

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Probably legit. Big gap in that zone on the mesowest coverage, but the surrounding values line up. Never looked too heavy on radar…probably that dense, small droplet rain.

Has that strong acute convergence look on radar.  Something local scale but like a standing wave.  Terrain or ocean based.  I love how the radar is only 2,000ft off the ground for a sample there… I’m so used to operating at high elevation scans, it’s impressive seeing 3 hours of 30-40dbz efficiency in lowest levels.

43 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Still getting light stuff.   We were coming back from seeing Thor (only ones in the theater…great soundtrack).  So. Many. Frogs. Our driveway had a half dozen plus.   Our daughter went ahead of our car scooting them out of the way

Nights like tonight I get them crawling up my patio doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

"

Can’t wait to see this on Northwoods Law

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Just watched the whole radar loop since 6pm and it’s pretty impressive.  Love that stuff.  I don’t know how big one or two pixels are (a mile?) but rainfall does vary quite a bit locally on that product.  Big area of 2-4” pixels but narrow corridor of 5-7”. Probably never know for sure the max amount depending on station locations… but that’s a large footprint overall of heavy rain.

On that image you posted I am between Cape Elizabeth and Portland, that blue/green zone and I'm over 2".  Very efficient rainfall this evening.

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Over 9”
C666F189-DC13-4756-8DB2-6ECE11693B9E.png

One of the cases where dual-pol may actually overestimate QPE by guessing tropical rainfall for too many pixels, but just blows legacy out of the water by being dynamic like that. There are several gauges over 6 and 7 inches (too many to discount in my opinion), and that's way closer to dual-pol than legacy's 1-2 inches.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1