Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Don’t forget most of them had plentiful rains last two weeks with storms that we missed. Maybe Hoth’s area didn’t .. but most of them did 

Today is the first good rains for the NW MA WoR crowd in many weeks.  CT WoR crowd had some good showers in the past month while we got nothing.

Greenfield did well today. There were a few little cells that popped up just south of here and rotted over us for a bit.  Up to .70” now. 

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man this place is a trip.  Every day hearing about how it doesn’t rain from some folks, please just rain, anything…then it does exactly what they want (rain!) and the minute they find out some other area got more it’s back to woe-is-me.

DDB21623-8A54-429E-9B19-8F53D7F68FD1.jpeg.efb0a81e32ad923c31115b2d5dccd524.jpeg

That’s how it works. 

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Man this place is a trip.  Every day hearing about how it doesn’t rain from some folks, please just rain, anything…then it does exactly what they want (rain!) and the minute they find out some other area got more it’s back to woe-is-me.

DDB21623-8A54-429E-9B19-8F53D7F68FD1.jpeg.efb0a81e32ad923c31115b2d5dccd524.jpeg

that umbrella should be a cosmic d-do ... 

There is no consoling in an engagement that really has less to do with weather. Oh, there is some weather in there, but it's vastly more so a weather-related-emotionally-guided on-line support group, and always has been  heh  

The only way to cure that is to therapeutically uncan the history that left voids...  This inCREdibly healthy alternative instead recreates their fear of abandonment issues. 

'Daddy's coming home'  'Mummy really loves you ... which, neither turned out true.  

Or an old g-f of b-f ... some systemic abuse. Pick one's proof of no god.  They couldn't control the outcome back whence it wired their unresolved psyches.  The utterly untamable wind is just like the daddy or mummy, love or circumstance that demoed zero regard for them.

Weather blogging by Dr Joyce Brothers   ;)

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Easy for someone sitting in Stowe , VT to backyard QB when they’ve had supple rains , green grass, no watering needs and daily and nocturnal summer storms all summer . Gotta love this place 

What were your expectations today?  You said 0.25-0.50” and got like 3/4ths of an inch. 

How does that lead to disappointment?  I don’t get it.  You wanted it to rain, it rained. Today is a win, enjoy it!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

What were your expectations today?  You said 0.25-0.50” and got like 3/4ths of an inch. 

How does that lead to disappointment?  I don’t get it.  You wanted it to rain, it rained. Today is a win, enjoy it!

I am very happy . Don’t recall saying I wasn’t anywhere here. Just would have liked more than a dust wetter when so many nearby had double or triple the amounts . Maybe Scooters storms tomorrow materialize . I’ll hope 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I am very happy . Don’t recall saying I wasn’t anywhere here. Just would have liked more than a dust wetter when so many nearby had double or triple the amounts . Maybe Scooters storms tomorrow materialize . I’ll hope 

I get the competitive side to it too, it’s the problem with knowing what happened elsewhere.  In a vacuum without outside knowledge you had a great soaking today.  I’ll try to see what my dad’s crude garden gage had in Woodstock.

I think yours today was as much if not more than the mythical Stowe fields have had this week despite it raining on 4 different days. Yesterday was only like 0.20”, nothing today.  

33 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And still nowhere near the 2” flooder you had .Barely  over an inch for the whole month here Almost 2.5” inches in the last 7 -10 days and you pull this nonsense earlier today 

That inch and a half of rain I got was like 3 weeks ago. 

Enjoy nearly an inch of rain. You worked hard for it. Salute.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Long way to go to get out of Steinshed.. flora , trees have taken a whipping . Today was a nice break from the beatings. Nice to see a bit of rain 

6J4FxJo.jpg

You know grass way better than I do, but has that ship sailed for this summer?

If you got like 4” soaked into the ground in 1-2 weeks would it come back, or is it a try again next year type of thing?

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You know grass way better than I do, but has that ship sailed for this summer?

If you got like 4” soaked into the ground in 1-2 weeks would it come back, or is it a try again next year type of thing?

Good question and something I was thinking about tonight. I just snapped these two before it gets dark. Not much green came back yet. I’m thinking if we get Scooter’s storms tomorrow, you’ll start to see some areas begin solid green up again . Especially out of full sun.. but let’s say his storms miss tomorrow.. well you’ve got sunny and hot straight thru Saturday .. so any short term soil moisture near the ground totally evaporated by Wednesday and you’re back where we were this morning. Shorter days and less intense sun start to help protected areas first and then more exposed areas as you get past about Sept 10

qYEYto3.jpgJ5OTx3x.jpg

• Thanks 1

1.23" over here in Cranston, RI. .5 between 5:00 and 5:30. July was the 3RD driest on record here .44 all month. August was heading in the same direction .42 until todays rain.
Ran some errands up there and it was pouring, meanwhile 0.15 so far at the house by the south coast. Home stations 7 miles NW with over 1.25 inches. 0.88 inches MTD.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Modfan2 said:

We are down 7-10” of rain here on the S FL east coast from Vero to West Palm in the middle of rain season!! It has been days of 90-94 with dews of 75; I’m done! 

I don't know how anyone can live in that. I hope you get some kind of a non dangerous tropical disturbance to get some showers

• Confused 1