• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

It does look like there should be at least increasing potential for precipitation up this way moving into the upcoming few weeks. Looks like lots going on down in the deep south and Gulf of Mexico (not necessarily tropical but developing lows along stalled or slowly propagating fronts). Hopefully we can establish a more SW flow in the mid-upper levels. 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Ginx area was really bad in June and Aug. There was a 2 week stretch where his area into Ri got like 3” of rain in between that . 

I don't know what you've had specifically, there are a couple stations just north of you that are about the same as up here.  But given the small convective footprints it's hard to tell.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don't know what you've had specifically, there are a couple stations just north of you that are about the same as up here.  But given the small convective footprints it's hard to tell.

BDL to Somers to Stafford to Union have gotten hit 3-4 times at least over the last month that all missed me. Last week 2 missed NW… one missed sw.. Yesterday missed SE. 

In fact in July.. there was a storm that Joey north of me up towards Stafford had 2” and I had .73 I think . I think that was my biggest one day or storm rainfall of the summer 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

BDL to Somers to Stafford to Union have gotten hit 3-4 times at least over the last month that all missed me. Last week 2 missed NW… one missed sw.. Yesterday missed SE. 

In fact in July.. there was a storm that Joey north of me up towards Stafford had 2” and I had .73 I think . I think that was my biggest one day or storm rainfall of the summer 

Yeah can see that just north of you. 

CT-TL-33: Tolland 3.6 NNE is about the same as my local CoCoRAHS for past 6 weeks.  Wild how hit or miss it is.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah can see that just north of you. 

CT-TL-33: Tolland 3.6 NNE is about the same as my local CoCoRAHS for past 6 weeks.  Wild how hit or miss it is.

And last summer every single one was a direct hit here. Even forming overhead at 4:45 AM while I was out running . I saw a website and Tolland had the most CG strikes in all of New England last summer. I knew this summer would Stein here.. though I didn’t think it would be this bad . Mother Nature loves to balance things out 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

:lol:   I'm ready...it will happen. 

I'm plotting in my mind and going over the potential scenarios...I don't think I want a really cold winter because that sets the stage for you to snort lines off of the Atlantic while I plunge into the Merrimack. I think I want a very active N stream pattern with slightly above normal temps.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm plotting in my mind and going over the potential scenarios...I don't think I want a really cold winter because that sets the stage for you to snort lines off the Atlantic while I plunge into the Merrimack. I think I want a very active N stream pattern with slightly above normal temps.

I'm happy with active. I'll take my chances. Rather it be active then bone dry.

• Confused 2