Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

1.18" thru 7 AM and 1.78" for the month.  Baby steps.  That 1.18"is the highest cocorahs since 1.32" for July 19, and 2nd highest since mid November.  Not much for big precip events recently.

I had the 3.90" 90 min flash flooding event here on 07/29 with a training of cells over a narrow stripe area folks to the north and south of that line saw only a tenth or less

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I had the 3.90" 90 min flash flooding event here on 07/29 with a training of cells over a narrow stripe area folks to the north and south of that line saw only a tenth or less

We got nada from that one, then were too far south (0.15") for last week's deluge that dumped 3-4" in places less than 40 miles away - the event that created the infamous 143-mile detour for those trying to reach Jackman from Greenville.

33 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

With yesterdays rains I'm at 0.61" mtd.   Hopefully we get some more on Monday.  Have no desire to be the "jackpot" for STEIN.

May           2.25"
June          0.22"
July           1.03"
August      0.61"

Next week is just hit or miss showers. Nothing that’s going to drop good rains 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, dendrite said:

To be fair I think Kev has been in a local hole and you’ve been in a local high. But it’s kinda like being the tallest little person down there right now. 

Abnormally dry here. Sounds about right. 

Yea, that map is pretty course and doesn't cover the meso nuances....Brett got dumped on a couple of weeks ago.

The rain has been just like the snow here....misses to the north and south.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

To be fair I think Kev has been in a local hole and you’ve been in a local high. But it’s kinda like being the tallest little person down there right now. 

Abnormally dry here. Sounds about right. 

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, that map is pretty course and doesn't cover the meso nuances....Brett got dumped on a couple of weeks ago.

The rain has been just like the snow here....misses to the north and south.

An inch a half of rain 2 weeks ago puts me in a local high?:huh:

Arent we using like actual sample sizes? Not two weeks? Those maps look fine to me. Drought sample size isn’t two weeks.

this is all mostly in jest, but it seems silly that I’m suddenly good to go after having almost no rain for 4 months 

• Confused 1