Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I read about this in the book I bought about Connecticut Tornadoes...which I never read through because some things in it annoyed me. Anyways, if this is the event I am thinking of there was something very specific which prevented a much more significant death toll. And I think it was that storm that went through the New Britain area. But if it had tracked I guess just some miles to the northeast (closer to Hartford) the death toll may have been well into the hundreds, if not, higher. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Every NAM run is a different outcome with the s/w and which low pressure and associated convection it tags along with.

The best possible forecast to probably make with this is scattered showers, isolated thunderstorms, with some heavier downpours around and maybe a narrow corridor of heavier rain potential.

OMFG, Stein this, Stein that...will it be .03" of rain this week, or .04? Someone give me a pistol to swallow and then revive me when there is a hurricane to track.

All ball busting aside, there should never be any mystery behind why any single person, aside from @CoastalWx's post count drops precipitously this time of year.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

OMFG, Stein this, Stein that...will it be .03" of rain this week, or .04? Someone give me a pistol to swallow and then revive me when there is a hurricane to track.

All ball busting aside, there should never be any mystery behind why any single person, aside from @CoastalWx's post count drops precipitously this time of year.

Outdoors enjoying the spectacular weather,

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

His actually increases 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’m here to track coc and we’ve had 4 straight days of it pulsating in the region. Yeaaa buddy.

44F this morning and now up to 77F.  Been very easy to drop into the mid-40s the past 2-3 mornings.  Been a minute since that's happened.  Before long it'll be upper 30s for mins when the Chamber weather rolls through.

57 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My post count certainly has dropped since I haven't fought the temp issues with Kevin. :) 

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

The best possible forecast to probably make with this is scattered showers, isolated thunderstorms, with some heavier downpours around and maybe a narrow corridor of heavier rain potential.

I wish more were known about this outbreak. Always fascinated with it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_tornado_outbreak

• Like 1