• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

Days like today where the sun plus peek-a-boo with the clouds and the sun is playing peek…it’s feels hot and the hot feels more hot than the days when it’s all sun and very humid and it’s like 90+. I wonder if it’s because when the sun is playing boo and behind the clouds the source of the heat is cut off so you feel significantly cooler. So these days are worse than 95/70 with full sun b/c you at least have something ti be used too. 

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not going to be a winter nor’easter in August . I’m not saying there won’t be showers around . But no one is getting 2-4” of rain lol 

It's not a winter noreaster.   Coastal storms happen amid many summer months particularly as we move through August.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s not going to be a winter nor’easter in August . I’m not saying there won’t be showers around . But no one is getting 2-4” of rain lol 

I wish James was still around. He'd probably be going nuts talking about the Gulf Stream and explosive deepening and Harwich, MA seeing major hurricane conditions.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

I wish James was still around. He'd probably be going nuts talking about the Gulf Stream and explosive deepening and Harwich, MA seeing major hurricane conditions.

Is anyone factoring in the Messenger shuffle ? I mean we are in a serious drought and folks are slam dunking a west trend with convection involved which always robs moisture transport. I’m surprised to see so many posters flooding the region . I do hope they’re correct though 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Is anyone factoring in the Messenger shuffle ? I mean we are in a serious drought and folks are slam dunking a west trend with convection involved which always robs moisture transport. I’m surprised to see so many posters flooding the region . I do hope they’re correct though 

Mid season form already. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thread reads like some folks are trusting the latest model guidance over their own internal fears or hopes.

Models were what they were.  In winter if you had Euro/GFS, would you be tossing them to ride the GGEM?

Aside from Stein tea-bagging you for three months, is there a lot of modeled reasons to go with straight miss?

84 hour NAM looks like it would hit too.

86BAD3AB-1ABB-46AC-BF9B-D551B7DE20CB.thumb.png.4683f7d06ed29a0649ee2d6121b4f417.png