Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lot of hikers today on the hill, one of the busier ones in a while.  Great weather for staying cool doing non-water activities.  But yeah, it’s September air while @kdxken’s 84/40s sounds about perfect.

I’m just Bustin. I just already feel the blues with mid August approaching. I really have enjoyed summers lately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m just Bustin. I just already feel the blues with mid August approaching. I really have enjoyed summers lately.

Today it hit me too.  I think it’s the cloud cover, cooler temps and mostly the sunlight.  I love May/June/July for the daylight.  My body responds more to that time frame mentally, no matter what my weather desires are.  I also love May because you know you’ve got months of high-end daylight.

If it wasn’t for skiing, I’m not sure how I’d do winters these days.  The darkness, dreary days, etc.  It hits me differently in my mid-30s vs when I was in college, ha.  At least skiing keeps me sane.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Day #11 in a row no rain . Monday will be 2 weeks 

I’m a hot drought maker, fit to burn 

and I’ll rip your plants in two

and I’ll leave your plants dyin’ on their beds

Cause you could be Stein...

But your drought tweets are out of line...

0322ED33-C91C-4857-9ED4-D70B0DE0055D.thumb.jpeg.d78128b73dc2ace55b42b5940dd00b03.jpeg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not gonna risk the well . Many in town are having big issues 

I watered once a few weeks ago.   My lawn is ugly but not really so much from being burnt out.  I don’t spend much time or money on it.    I did have to add some water to the pool in July but that was only for an hour or so.  Our well is pretty deep. 

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not gonna risk the well . Many in town are having big issues 

Imagine not having water for your family to drink, cook with, bathe with, flush toilets, etc all because you wanted to look at green grass.  That would be a tough spot to be in.  Responsible decision to let the lawn go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1