• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

BOS August 10th High Temperature] Due to clouds & onshore winds, the high temperature at Boston/Logan Airport on August 10th reached 72 degrees; 9 degrees below normal of 81 degrees for the date.

Last time a high temperature was this "cool" at BOS was 71 degrees on June 23rd.

• Like 1

While I am getting a little more concerned than I was with drought talk...we'll see what happens in fall. Summer is tough to do widespread synoptic rains...we rely on convection so naturally some areas are going to be hit while others aren't and some areas moreso than others. But if we go through a quiet fall and another sub-par winter...it could get ugly moving into next summer.

I got this message from the town of Greenfield today:

In accordance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines, the City is banning all nonessential outdoor watering and water use, effective immediately. The outright ban replaces odd/even day and time-of-day restrictions implemented on July 18. This follows Tuesday’s “Level 3 Critical Drought” declaration for the Connecticut River Valley by the Secretary of Energy and Environmental Affairs.

Residents and businesses are strongly encouraged to cease the installation of new sod, seeding and landscaping; washing of hard surfaces, such as patios, driveways and siding; and continue to follow the bans on non-commercial car washing and filling or “topping off” of swimming pools.

“Unfortunately, one rain event is not going to get us out of this situation and we must tighten our mandatory water-use restrictions,” said Department of Public Works Director Marlo Warner. “We’ve been politely reminding people about restrictions to this point, but given the circumstances, warnings and fines are the next step.”

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

While I am getting a little more concerned than I was with drought talk...we'll see what happens in fall. Summer is tough to do widespread synoptic rains...we rely on convection so naturally some areas are going to be hit while others aren't and some areas moreso than others. But if we go through a quiet fall and another sub-par winter...it could get ugly moving into next summer.

That seems rather unlikely for this area of the country.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That seems rather unlikely for this area of the country.

Agreed. 

But maybe I should be more concerned than I am...I mean this isn't an area I have a ton of knowledge in but I'm sure this has to be impacting farmers, the agricultural market, probably those who rely on well water, etc. so it's gotta be pretty significant to them. But the reason I am not concerned if for the reason I mentioned...what are the odds we go through the fall without a few coastals? We can easily get 2-4'' of rain in one system. 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lots of early fall yellow and browns all around the yard .. these right in backyard edge of woods . Leaf drop evident on those species and there’s even some dried Oak leaves coming down when it’s windy . Will probably lose all the hydrangeas and maybe some others 

4J8XduT.jpgNS1qwWf.jpgG3uA2JX.jpg

Water them