Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

2 hours ago, CT Rain said:

Pretty classic pattern for a summer deluge. 

Depending on the orientation/location of the ULL there could be a severe threat too. 

We're probably getting way ahead of ourselves ... but a somewhat less cyclone model evolution opens up that canvas to that potential - I like the low LCL/0-3km vision that becomes if that mess opens up more warm frontal wave in nature - which I think has some potential to evolve in that direction.  

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

What a stretch though. Hopefully you all could hit the beaches, lakes, whatever to cool off. Those warm summer evenings with a nice breeze and drink in hand (can be a Pepsi too :) ) Kids outside playing.... That’s what it’s all about. 

But it wasn't a Pepsi was it?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Coaching my younger daughters High school summer league . This is our HS grass field. Also have a turf field last year this was under water. Tonight it’s asphalt. I have never in my 22 years in town seen anything close to this drought . No rain since Aug 1

You wonder if this is going to be more common… it feels like we never talked about drought on the forums until like the last 5-10 years.  Now it’s like a summer staple.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Coaching my younger daughters High school summer league . This is our HS grass field. Also have a turf field last year this was under water. Tonight it’s asphalt. I have never in my 22 years in town seen anything close to this drought . No rain since Aug 1

oTvkbmo.jpg

PB5xMbD.jpg

I hope they are wearing turf shoes and not cleats.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You wonder if this is going to be more common… it feels like we never talked about drought on the forums until like the last 5-10 years.  Now it’s like a summer staple.

Last summer the field on the entire right hand side was standing water. They’d play and the ball would get stuck in certain places. Tonight it played like I-84. Just amazing differences one summer to the next 

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Hype sells

all kidding aside, it’s been very dry here. I love how everyone thinks 1.75” in the last week is like a cure all. Most of that washed into the drains. We need a nice soaking synoptic rainfall 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It was an excessively dry period, but we used to do droughts bigger and better. We got a little too used to 50-70” precip years.

Until it ends .. if and when … we are still in it . We’ll see how next week trends next few days . I def have my doubts… hoping for floods .. planning for Steins 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Hype sells

all kidding aside, it’s been very dry here. I love how everyone thinks 1.75” in the last week is like a cure all. Most of that washed into the drains. We need a nice soaking synoptic rainfall 

Just busting your balls.

But no doubt we may see some folks who were begging for even a tenth or quarter inch of rain a week ago, feel like they’ve been “Steined” with *only* an inch of rain if other areas get three.

Everything in weather on here seems relative to other areas… beg for even 0.1” one day, be disappointed with 1.0” the next, all because we know someone else got more.

As a forum it seems like we may have even more of a jackpot fetish in summer than in winter :lol:.

• Haha 1