Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Hit 90.1° today. This is the second summer with my weather station and the first 90° reading. Also had .34 in about 15 minutes. 

Just about the same rain with round one, Stratus is just a tick above 0.30” line.  We had some pretty solid winds too, thought we might lose power to be honest, downbursty swirling with the heavy rain.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just about the same rain with round one, Stratus is just a tick above 0.30” line.  We had some pretty solid winds too, thought we might lose power to be honest, downbursty swirling with the heavy rain.

Just saw MVL ASOS gusted 43mph with that storm.  Sounds about right, I would’ve estimated in the 40-50mph zone.  More than enough to risk losing some full foliage branches and stuff.  Probably the best wind of a storm yet this season.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Unfortunately, an inch and a half of rain doesn’t go very far when it hasn’t rained in 3+ months 

I looked at a few online stations around you. I found most 21”-22”. I’ve had 22.39” YTD. Your area is same as here. So you’re no worse off than anyone else. And your grass greened up the last few days and your shrubs aren’t dead or dying . All in bad drought but you’ve had more in the last 30 days or so 

• Confused 3

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How does your station do winter? The snow blows off my gauge. That fact you have that much is pretty good. 

I look at all local stations online and then I look at ones far away . For example .. here are mine, Shabbs , and Dendy below … in that order Shabbs in SW CT doing much better which also correlates to drought map. Dendy has fared well last month and Augdewst so far . I did better than him in June . Then I look at accumulated qpf precip maps and they generally are all very close …

SipL1g0.pngiRNQ96A.pnglHIf6z7.png