Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

32 minutes ago, dendrite said:

There's some, but not much, CAA with this Tue front for SNE. Thu PM is the stronger front. We're talking 850s of 19C tomorrow versus about 16C Wed. So still warm to hot, but not record breaking.

93 is the O-U  for here Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Aug 1944 had 7 straight of 97+ Don. (although maybe that's what you mean by tied for 2nd place)

Yeah I figured so... and when I read that I thought, after tomorrow ... it will bump 1911 to 3rd, and become 2022 as sole owner of the 2nd rank...

I don't think Wednesday has much chance of even making 90 from what i am looking at - I think we have milk cirrus capping over 86/63 ...If we got a ton more sun than I'm seeing - which I dunno...maybe - Logan makes 92 or something. 

I mean not that you asked..heh.  Someone was saying that Wednesday still looks warm to hot so just 2-cents.

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

well we got the marginal tomorrow...didn't think it would be such a big area. 

:lol:   how could they resist ...what, with CAPE of 5 billion -

That's what it takes for us to go from general to marginal, 5 billion CAPE.     no j/k

• Haha 1

This weather is plain dangerous if you work outside In direct sunlight  . My friend who does tree work got moderate heat exhaustion last week . These guys drink  12 bottles of water by 130pm and still got chills , puked and could barely stay awake to get home to take a cold bath 

97 ASH H.I 106

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The last one sure didn’t . No

storms little rain 

I got smoked. Happy VJ day. Maybe it's because I grew up on the open ocean beaches but 86 degree pool water is not refreshing. Near record high water temp in da pool. We max this week before the gradual to sometimes quick cool return. Winds again today.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I got smoked. Happy VJ day. Maybe it's because I grew up on the open ocean beaches but 86 degree pool water is not refreshing. Near record high water temp in da pool. We max this week before the gradual to sometimes quick cool return. Winds again today.

Try 86 degree ocean water!

51 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This weather is plain dangerous if you work outside In direct sunlight  . My friend who does tree work got moderate heat exhaustion last week . These guys drink  12 bottles of water by 130pm and still got chills , puked and could barely stay awake to get home to take a cold bath 

97 ASH H.I 106

I just quit for the day. Drank gallons of water but the muscles in my legs and forearms are twitching involuntarily:P

• Confused 1

Article in today's globe about outdoor dining during the heat. Apparently it's just those who claim to love this weather hunkered down inside.

"

At Watertown’s Buttermilk & Bourbon, which has a covered patio, owner Jason Santos reports that business has been brisk.

“The patios were packed all weekend and not sure why,” he says. “It was miserable out. On Saturday, our patio was full before the inside was.”

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1