Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

30 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

NAM is an inferno on this run straight thru Tuesday 

Hard to know what’s true and fiction this summer.  If someone told me the Red Sox would be in last place in the AL East on August 6th, 3 games behind the Baltimore Orioles… while paying the luxury tax (!) as a top spender… no way would I believe that.  NAM could go either way.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I just spent the last 30 minutes watering the garden and other certain things . Now I have to go across street and water neighbors stuff who is away. There’s been maybe 5 days all summer that hasn’t required me to water the garden . It all started with your damn Coc k in June . Now with less soil moisture than Death Valley. Days with dews in the mid 70’s delivers full sun and death. Thanks much 

tfsXmpb.jpg

Yea I’ve been watering every day just about since June. 30 vegetables plants. Really appreciate how much water they need for yield.

I thought having the heat back loaded vs front would be much better for production, but even my tomatoes and peppers, which love high heat have been struggling with producing good fruit. Despite frequent watering, Blossom end rot got about 1/3 my early tomatoes. Learn something new every year.

18 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

In all honesty, what do people like about this weather?

Don’t like this at all. It’s good for the pool, and parking your beach chair right where the water meets the sand. Other than that, it might as well be raining. 

We’re losing more nice weather days during summer bc of this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Yea I’ve been watering every day just about since June. 30 vegetables plants. Really appreciate how much water they need for yield.

I thought having the heat back loaded vs front would be much better for production, but even my tomatoes and peppers, which love high heat have been struggling with producing good fruit. Despite frequent watering, Blossom end rot got about 1/3 my early tomatoes. Learn something new every year.

Tomatoes have been great here. Too many actually. But the peppers are lacking . Not much production 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Tomatoes have been great here. Too many actually. But the peppers are lacking . Not much production 

I may have done poorly to supplement calcium, and compensate for the dryness. Or more likely my tomatoes getting a late start really hurt bc the blossoming coincided with the worst of the heat/drought. 

You’re doing much better than most.

https://www.bangordailynews.com/2022/08/03/homestead/maine-tomatoes-are-rotting-on-the-vine-n6hjn1me0n/

GYX morning AFD has today's best chance for TS from the Capitol District south, and heaviest RA tomorrow-Tuesday from the mountains north.  Guess what lies between.  At least the front should be near enough to end the big heat here after today, even while the dews remain swampy for a few more days.