Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well I just spent the last 30 minutes watering the garden and other certain things . Now I have to go across street and water neighbors stuff who is away. There’s been maybe 5 days all summer that hasn’t required me to water the garden . It all started with your damn Coc k in June . Now with less soil moisture than Death Valley. Days with dews in the mid 70’s delivers full sun and death. Thanks much 

tfsXmpb.jpg

Haha.  I water our garden almost daily.  That’s growing food.  I totally sympathize with wells running dry and other drought stuff… but it all started with a pic of some brown grass while the other vegetation looked ok.  Reminded me that grass isn’t native and more of a status symbol, while the native stuff appears to be making due.

Hopefully it rains down there.

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I posted this a couple of days back. We were staying at an Airbnb in Pueblo CO and it is pretty much desert there.  Scorpions and rattlesnakes.  Some had stone and dirt yards.  These folks just went astroturf 

B8F7B200-2017-4CE9-9038-5BAF25D836D2.jpeg

Look at how green that is, ha.

Would make for easier snow measurements in the winter too, no grass blade fluff ups.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Remember these dendrite posts when he’s choking on exhaust and gets 2” of sand in January 

Heh…all I did was make a quip about his lawn. Wasn’t trying to rub the rain in. 

How’s the vegetation today? Get a nice response from the 1”+?

That type of single species grass coverage is appallingly unsound to ecology as a whole. 

It's become outmoded this era - in fact ... - with new and growing fad ( no doubt in part motivated because green 'awareness' is gaining popularity ...pretty much because it has to or we're ordering up ours and other species extinctions... but that's a digression for another ignoring session) that is taking on multi-genera layouts. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That type of single species grass coverage is appallingly unsound to ecology as a whole. 

It's become outmoded this era - in fact ... - with new and growing fad ( no doubt in part motivated because green 'awareness' is gaining popularity ...pretty much because it has to or we're ordering up ours and other species extinctions... but that's a digression for another ignoring session) that is taking on multi-genera layouts. 

If it is about the pic I posted it is plastic grass    

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looks like the NAM-o-romma ding-dong model backed off the BD for Monday afternoon.  Looks like SNE makes it to 00z Tuesday unscathed by a pube.  Not sure I trust that... but, the Euro not having it either... tough call. 

Front comes thru SNE late Wednesday afternoon. More like limps 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

8 acres now. Those pine needles are dry as your well will be if you keep watering. 

I’m only watering the garden hence my furnaced lawn and shrubs friend. 

Neighbor across street received a $575 water bill this past week for past 3 months. His wife almost… (almost) kicked him out. My house is rigged a bit different. I have well water outside .. but town water inside. My water bill was $166. Most homes have wells here, but for some reason he does not 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m only watering the garden hence my furnaced lawn and shrubs friend. 

Neighbor across street received a $575 water bill this past week for past 3 months. His wife almost… (almost) kicked him out. My house is rigged a bit different. I have well water outside .. but town water inside. My water bill was $166. Most homes have wells here, but for some reason he does not 

Oh didn't realize you had city water. Crazy rates wow.  I have noticed in my drive to Columbia that your area of central CT is much browner than ENE Ct. Still baked dry here but we have had some showers to offset. Water levels are insanely low. I am 20 inches behind last years water year to date. (Starts Oct 1)

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Oh didn't realize you had city water. Crazy rates wow.  I have noticed in my drive to Columbia that your area of central CT is much browner than ENE Ct. Still baked dry here but we have had some showers to offset. Water levels are insanely low. I am 20 inches behind last years water year to date. (Starts Oct 1)

One 'cane, two nor'easters and a thunderstorm oughta do the trick

• Like 1

Live in Clinton MA now. Deal with the MWRA gives the town water in return for putting half of it underwater a hundred years ago so we have no restrictions. Wachusett Reservoir is more full now than it was in April. Heat is ridiculous. 96F today here. Got up to 95 in Wells Maine before we left today. This must be getting near record breaking drought/heat combination.

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

43” last May - Sept here. About 8” so fat same period. I expected this to happen but maybe not quite this bad 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

43” last May - Sept here. About 8” so far same period. I expected this to happen but maybe not quite this bad 

Today was really interesting today to see the storms moving NE while the anvils were being blown west.

This afternoons time lapse from my cam shows that well.  I don't get to see too many days with towers and storms going up all around me.

https://video.nest.com/clip/bc4b6dd2709a45e9ae450216642e698e.mp4

.08" of rain as I slid through gaps in the showers and storm.