Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks more like a waste of time and money. 

Yeah I just don’t get it.  Kids can still play on it, soccer balls roll just as well (though I doubt DIT lets anyone near it)… who cares what color it is except OCD folks.

Functionally it does the same thing, gives space for kids to play, aside from that lawns are useless.  Give me a meadow, attract some animals.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You hippies just don’t get it 

No we get it, you use your lawn as a sense of self-worth and status symbol.  It’s very important that this non-native vegetation be in pristine shape all the time otherwise you are failing at life somehow. Lush green lawn desires started with George Washington.  It’s the American dream from when his yard and house was painted and shown prominently as the pillar of wealth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just so we’re straight. The hippies think this is normal ?

https://i.imgur.com/Di9IWHq.jpg

It's a normal man-made landscape requiring irrigation at times. It's all good. Everyone in suburbia is the same way. I'm not judging. My parents are the same way...ripping through their well so they can irrigate the lawn.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

No we get it, you use your lawn as a sense of self-worth and status symbol.  It’s very important that this non-native vegetation be in pristine shape all the time otherwise you are failing at life somehow. Lush green lawn desires started with George Washington.  It’s the American dream.

Whoosh . Way above your pony o. It’s not the lawn . It’s everything. Enjoy your upslope .5 a day 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Whoosh . Way above your pony o. It’s not the lawn . It’s everything. Enjoy your upslope .5 a day 

Like Dendy said, I don’t blame you necessarily, it’s the American way to care about a lawn.  I grew up with my dad going apeshit over it, seemingly afraid people might judge him if it’s not perfect.  Used to get yelled at for not having the dog piss in the same 3 foot circle growing up.  My dad would walk the dog on pavement out to the town’s property next to ours before the dog could piss.

Lawns are serious business, people attach a lot of self-worth to them.

It would be interesting if polled the public and like 75% are like “I really don’t give a f*ck but I pour time and money into it so my neighbors don’t talk about me.”  Collectively everyone might be ok just letting fields back in their neighborhoods lol.

Most people who truly like growing things do plants, trees, gardens, etc. The lawn is a different reason.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Like Dendy said, I don’t blame you necessarily, it’s the American way to care about a lawn.  I grew up with my dad going apeshit over it, seemingly afraid people might judge him if it’s not perfect.  Used to get yelled at for not having the dog piss in the same 3 foot circle growing up.  My dad would walk the dog on pavement out to the town’s property next to ours before the dog could piss.

Lawns are serious business, people attach a lot of self-worth to them.

It would be interesting if polled the public and like 75% are like “I really don’t give a f*ck but I pour time and money into it so my neighbors don’t talk about me.”  Collectively everyone might be ok just letting fields back in their neighborhoods lol.

Most people who truly like growing things do plants, trees, gardens, etc. The lawn is a different reason.

Well I just spent the last 30 minutes watering the garden and other certain things . Now I have to go across street and water neighbors stuff who is away. There’s been maybe 5 days all summer that hasn’t required me to water the garden . It all started with your damn Coc k in June . Now with less soil moisture than Death Valley. Days with dews in the mid 70’s delivers full sun and death. Thanks much 

tfsXmpb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1