Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I've stopped doing the heavy weight stuff. Just more circuit training stuff with cardio mixed in. If anything I feel better.

I stopped squatting for from like January to June bc I got sciatica, but finally kicked it. I don't do anything heavy for shoulders anymore, aside from my chest work.

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I could  see it seabreezing eastern areas with BDL frying Tuesday. Euro still wasn’t biting but it’s not hard to seabreeze.

From what I'm seeing utilizing the sfc PP the boundary was actually farther SW per the 00z run than 06z or this one.  Seems to be ticking back NE... It's weird though, because even though that may be true, this run looks more aggressive because of gradient between D.E.M. and NE Mass...  It's going NE with a BD that has more weigh behind it..  interesting. 

My thing with BDs is that if there is one anywhere on a planet around a random star in the Andromeda Galaxy ... it ends up pinned to Atlanta Georgia despite all modeling peregrinations that argued for a warmer result...

Sarcasm dully noted -

• Haha 1

Course..I grew up in the modeling of the 1980s and 1990s...  With advances in the general tech arena the models may be better - so to speak... - in placing those.    I mean it used to be that if the models saw one at all dangling near PSM on a D4 chart ... it invariably was through LGA by the time it verified.   

Full disclosure, I've at times noticed the opposite is true sometimes now, where the models are too agressive with them.  Definitely that is true with the GFS.   I'm just not ready to comfortably depend on that.

40 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Which in turn will give people even less disposable income to spend at small local businesses.

TMLP has always been pretty good, but I find it hard to believe “inflation” caused their operating costs to rise to a level where a 15% increase was absolutely necessary.

Seems like partially a case of taking advantage while the getting is good. Everyone else is doing it, so we will too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Wait.what happened to the storms that were supposed to develop later on today. I see absolutely nothing now on models. Poof again? Tomorrow doesn't look much better

This is why its best to never pay attention to the severe crap....ignore it, and if you end up getting in on anything, just be pleasantly surprised. Not worth spending 30 minutes of your life posting charts on CAPE values.

5 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

electric bill was $300 - yikes. AC use is killing us

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

$450 last month here. 

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

TMLP hiked rates 15% July 1. Unprecedented for them, a municipal utility.

$288 last month… highest it’s ever been 

Yeah, the summer months suck for electric bills for me.  $300+ is the norm.  Cool season it's under $100.