Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I want to buy or build a hose on wide open farm land and then build a big shed with a flat roof and put a hammock on the roof so during the summer I can lay in the hammock and watch giant cumulonimbus in the distance. That would be sick.  

We were driving through a mountain pass at around 10k yesterday in Colorado.  Intense lightning and downpouring rain on steep curvy roads.  A couple of hundred feet higher up there had been a ton of hail but the road didn’t get it 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

The rich get richer with rainfall. Pond was way down tonight. At least 3-4’.

That's pretty crazy. Lake by me is down a bit, but only like 6" from normal for Aug. Still about 6" to hit 2020 levels. It doesn't have huge variations like some lakes do though. The drinking water lakes get hit the hardest, wouldn't surprise me if Massabesic gets closed because the ramps get too shallow. Happened in 2020, although last time I fished it about a week ago it wasn't too bad. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All we need is powderfreak to post tomorrow morning that he got a “surprise” half inch overnight. I don’t think I’ve had a half inch or rain in 2 months 

We will bring home the goods from mid December through mid January while NNE ski areas are cryin for their mama's!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All we need is powderfreak to post tomorrow morning that he got a “surprise” half inch overnight. I don’t think I’ve had a half inch or rain in 2 months 

I try not to talk about to avoid it sounding hollow, but it’s been drier than normal here.  Its like in winter when everyone is having a bad snow year… though you are closer to normal while some folks see record low totals over a period of time.

Can’t complain up here when you see what’s happening elsewhere.  Today we got skunked though.  Cloud deck and lack of heating limited instability.  Just a brief enough shower to wet the pavement at the mountain.  Nothing in town.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Not New England related, but as we were returning our rental car at DEN we experienced their early evening daily dust storm/ wind event.  Pretty amazing (and annoying).  I will be bringing parts of the western plains home in my hair and teeth. 

Hope you enjoyed your vaca Dave. I had a good time out there, crazier weather in spring when I went.