Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I want to buy or build a hose on wide open farm land and then build a big shed with a flat roof and put a hammock on the roof so during the summer I can lay in the hammock and watch giant cumulonimbus in the distance. That would be sick.  

And a storm cellar with the latest in stereo technology? That’s my wish 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I want to buy or build a hose on wide open farm land and then build a big shed with a flat roof and put a hammock on the roof so during the summer I can lay in the hammock and watch giant cumulonimbus in the distance. That would be sick.  

Life above the tree line is a beautiful thing 

• Like 1

I want to buy or build a jackshack on wide open farm land and then build a big shed with a flat roof and put a hammock on the roof so during the summer I can lay in the hammock and watch giant weenies in the distance. That would be sick.  

Invite the Sox' new catcher?

• Haha 1

With your luck????.....A thousand times more likely is this

See the source image

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We definitely get a break later next week and week end. Then return of the mac to some extent. Probably not extreme heat..but I could see lots of upper 80s-low 90s and higher dews with srly flow. Just basing on EPS.

Reading LC, seems like we have kind of a back and forth fall, while the interior remains more consistently cool.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

You sure?  It's been pretty windy for the last few hours and temps/dews haven't waffled much since noon.

https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/droman/meso_base_dyn.cgi?stn=KTAN&unit=0&timetype=LOCAL

Yes. My winds were WSW. They went more SW-SSW and picked up here as the temp dropped. Can see it on radar too. 

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Now, will the cells hold as they enter the web…

I think we both know the answer to that :( 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

My hometown of Delmar is getting soaked. Cells just sitting there and back building.

Might see 3-6” of rain to be honest.  Just not moving at all.

3199C358-5118-4103-A8CD-4596AC149884.jpeg.9627240fe0fe4a0084b543c78590afd0.jpeg

As soon as the first cell popped up and looked stationary I knew that was trouble. That’s a lot of water in a short period.

10 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I think we both know the answer to that :( 

As soon as the first cell popped up and looked stationary I knew that was trouble. That’s a lot of water in a short period.

And there’s stuff behind it if it moves out.  Every 15 min is like another inch of water.

3.50-4.50” town wide now.  Some legitimately may go over 6” with the stuff coming in behind that.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

And there’s stuff behind it if it moves out.  Every 15 min is like another inch of water.

3.50-4.50” town wide now.  Some legitimately may go over 6” with the stuff coming in behind that.

There's a good correlation to secondary and tertiary rounds of heavy rain leading to flash flooding too. First round primes the pump, the second has nowhere to go but run off.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's a good correlation to secondary and tertiary rounds of heavy rain leading to flash flooding too. First round primes the pump, the second has nowhere to go but run off.

I’ve got my father wigging out over the sump pump ha.  Closest station there at 4”. Some approaching 5”?

58217935-B1A7-42BF-8454-F8141D1615A4.jpeg.28c4c78ba706db7a43f11fabd3436e9b.jpeg

• Like 1