Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

well... okay..  lacking lapse rates has been an interesting recurring aspect this season.    That "could" be CC related - I dunno... If the middle troposphere is in some perpetual warm bias with higher non-hydrostats ...

Here is the 500/700 height anomalies the past month. Really not what you would like to see for the advection of EML's. I think that area of below-average heights was displaced a bit too far south (and east) and that 700mb pattern I think you want to see a stronger ridge signal across the southeast and maybe more of a trough signal in the West. 

Composite Plot

Composite Plot

48 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Mow down the forests and plant corn and soy everywhere.

Maybe mow down the mountains too and move us 500 miles closer to the Gulf of Mexico.

Mid 80s by late morning pointed toward 90, but the cloud deck that slid overhead from the north at noon cut the legs off the max.  No precip associated with the clouds, unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

May start getting to the point at which the heat/drought combo becomes severe enough it interest me....careful what you wish for-

I’d welcome it. It’s a very legit serious issue now . Worsening by the minute. I’ve noticed even Berg and some of the guys that have laughed it off are now believers .. watering plants with toilet water, drinking from dishwasher water etc trying to conserve wherever possible 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d welcome it. It’s a very legit serious issue now . Worsening by the minute. I’ve noticed even Berg and some of the guys that have laughed it off are now believers .. watering plants with toilet water, drinking from dishwasher water etc 

Some of us maybe even drinking the toilet water and watering with the dishwater.

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’d welcome it. It’s a very legit serious issue now . Worsening by the minute. I’ve noticed even Berg and some of the guys that have laughed it off are now believers .. watering plants with toilet water, drinking from dishwasher water etc 

I’ll admit, it’s pretty legit. I was one of those that laughed it off early, but I’ve heard people having some serious well trouble. Don’t need to be California level to be bad.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’ll admit, it’s pretty legit. I was one of those that laughed it off early, but I’ve heard people having some serious well trouble. Don’t need to be California level to be bad.

Folks beginning to run a bath and having the whole family bath in same water for a week straight before draining etc. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1