Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right.

Will also lost it on Cosgrove when he denied that the pattern had changed in Feb 2007, and he lost it in like February 2009 due to Euro wx being so protective of their data :lol:

That was in the car during the BWI conference. He literally was so angry almost got into an accident. Banging on the dash .. pounding the wheel with closed fists….

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And there it is.. in writing.. the dude wishes for me to not get snow and get screwed Roots for it. Has been denying it for years.. and finally in one of the hottest summers of our lives.. he admits it 

I would like to finally beat you again...we had a nice little rivalry going several years back, but you have won like four years running at this point.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

No...read again. 

And Ginx is I guess technically on the ENE line there in SE CT . So some of those coastals he’ll do better , but this area of NE CT is a very good snow spot. If ENE gets crushed.. Ne CT typically does extremely well.. just no jacks . It’s west of river that gets screwed typically not this area 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And Ginx is I guess technically on the ENE line there in SE CT . So some of those coastals he’ll do better , but this area of NE CT is a very good snow spot. If ENE gets crushed.. Ne CT typically does extremely well.. just no jacks . It’s west of river that gets screwed typically not this area 

Steve has some sneaky elevation, too....I think between 500-600'.

1 hour ago, jbenedet said:

Data Tables | U.S. Drought Monitor (unl.edu)

Last year peaked at 4% of NH in Severe.  There were water restrictions in Dover last year.

2021-07-20 47.51 52.49 19.94 3.03 0.00 0.00 75
2021-07-13 39.98 60.02 30.58 3.92 0.00 0.00 95
2021-07-06 10.39 89.61 57.07 3.93 0.00 0.00 151
2021-06-29 9.75 90.25 58.47 3.93 0.00 0.00 153

Last year it was drier up north. Here in western Rockingham I had ~19" in June, July, August

22 minutes ago, dendrite said:

MHT/OWD up to 94F

Widespread low 90s in the urban lower els now. It feels underwhelming for noon.

78F at noon up here.  Forecast going down in flames at this point.

Forecast max HI here was 96F for today with max temps 89-92F.

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY/......Significant updates made to cloud cover for the remainder of the day which has a large impact on the expected temperatures. Mid clouds ahead of a surface boundary to our northwest raced into the region much faster than preciously anticipated blanketing most of the CWA in broken to overcast skies outside of southern Vermont and the central/lower Connecticut River Valley. This has put a halt on surface warming with many locations holding in the mid/upper 70s. Based on these trends and incoming HRRR/RAP/NAM guidance, knocked back high temps across northern areas by a good 3-5 degrees

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

MHT/OWD up to 94F

Widespread low 90s in the urban lower els now. It feels underwhelming for noon.

not too surprising considering how we started with a low launching pad

might take until 20z-21z to get there but still thinking some of the torch spots hit 98-99 

OTOH I'd think we see some 90 by 9 action tmrw 

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

.NEAR TERM /THROUGH FRIDAY/......Significant updates made to cloud cover for the remainder of the day which has a large impact on the expected temperatures. Mid clouds ahead of a surface boundary to our northwest raced into the region much faster than preciously anticipated blanketing most of the CWA in broken to overcast skies outside of southern Vermont and the central/lower Connecticut River Valley. This has put a halt on surface warming with many locations holding in the mid/upper 70s. Based on these trends and incoming HRRR/RAP/NAM guidance, knocked back high temps across northern areas by a good 3-5 degrees

No wonder why everyone is so pale up there.

• Haha 1

Dendrite - hopefully  this article is about no one you know.

https://www.wcax.com/2022/08/03/police-investigating-3-suspicious-deaths-new-hampshire/

NORTHFIELD, N.H. (WCAX) - Authorities in New Hampshire are investigating the deaths of three people, two of them children.

We have very few details at this time, but we know it happened at a residence in Northfield, New Hampshire, and it involves an adult woman and two juveniles.

Police are calling their deaths suspicious.

36 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Last year it was drier up north. Here in western Rockingham I had ~19" in June, July, August

I believe the persistence long term trend in the northeast has been more of an east vs. west rather than north vs south. Worst conditions, east.

Last year Maine was hardest hit, percentage wise.

8 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

also now the GFS wants to make a run for 100 on Sunday and Tuesday .. fun

real or fake BD on Monday? 

Outside of Maine, and Winne North, I say sell the BD. 

Looks like 90+ every day here through at least Tues. Brutal. Not even my hot weather plants like this shit.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Surprised this comes at a shock. Was mentioned here a few days ago. Seemed like a real good probability there would be mid/high clouds, at least in NNE given the proximity of the boundary off to the West.

Looking at weenie snow condos lately . You can get one at Hunter a 2/2 (Katskill mountain club for 120 ) plus approx 500 tax, fees and Hoa Monthly . Saw one went in Bolton valley at 2100’ (2bed / 2 bath) for like 90 -100 grand (full ownership , not “fractional” in 2020 , that Is snow heaven and rental income would pay that off In 3  years even with paying a fee to hotel 

• Weenie 1