Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have still posted these past few years, though I did check out on the blizzard by about 1030am...I had had it and needed a mental break. People like you were trying to play the role of meteorological therapist and console me by telling me that I'd get some bands in the PM, but I knew.....writing was on the wall.

I slept from about noon to 6pm. 

Well we thought that would occur. And same with the SWFE, I thought you into SNH would do much better. Some things did not work out as they normally would. Wasn't trying to prevent you from burning down your home or anything. :lol:  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's funny how every year after August 10 is when I hear the first, "the days are getting shorter" statements. It's the inverse in early Feb. 

Yep....next week is when John would start "musing" about how warm his tushy was to the touch upon settling into his Volkswagen Beatle.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's funny how every year after August 10 is when I hear the first, "the days are getting shorter" statements. It's the inverse in early Feb. 

Because it's true...

The day-light loss(gain) begins acceleration on Aug 10(Feb 10), per the celestial eventuality of Earth's tilt with respect to the ecliptic, when then orbiting the sun.  

Not trying to be heavy handed ... but, if we are hearing/reading that every year, it's a good sign!  It means folks are aware of these changes.

Which philosophically ...if we want to remove the folly of human conventions, these solar variance windows should actually distinguish the very beginning of seasonal change.

Given time...the atmosphere will response however it responds to the above ..blah blah.  Which barring a gravitationally significant force passing through the solar system, is an an otherwise dependably unalterable machinery.

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

For BDL tomorrow:

MAV: 90

MET: 84 (LOL)

NBM: 93

But be interesting to see how high we can get tomorrow. NAM is quite aggressive with developing convection quite early and there's probably going to be quick cloud development tomorrow. 

Sell the NAM. Sold today and tomorrow. Even if it's junky convective debris, low 90s a lock there.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh my young fragile millennial. You have a lot to learn.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve lived in a snow hole most of my life. DC, CT valley, SC. I don’t care about the jackpot, and if given a choice I’d love for everyone to snow. But less than half of the jack? No thanks. The blizzard was nice but it sucked getting a couple inches of powder while Steve was buried. Spread the love. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We 90.

Yup... as is FIT/BOS...

probably everywhere else.

We plateaued briefly this morning but I think looking at the wind behavior that may have been a ceiling in the decoupled layer, and now we mix.  You'll probably get your 97

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Sell the NAM. Sold today and tomorrow. Even if it's junky convective debris, low 90s a lock there.

Why do they even run it (MET)? It's horrific with forecasting temperatures. It seems to only ever be useful if there is a boundary nearby or a situation involving the potential for widespread precipitation. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Why do they even run it (MET)? It's horrific with forecasting temperatures. It seems to only ever be useful if there is a boundary nearby or a situation involving the potential for widespread precipitation. 

It's not long for this world anyway. All MOS will be NBM based soon enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Umm, last year you did? 

Data Tables | U.S. Drought Monitor (unl.edu)

Last year peaked at 4% of NH in Severe.  There were water restrictions in Dover last year.

2021-07-20 47.51 52.49 19.94 3.03 0.00 0.00 75
2021-07-13 39.98 60.02 30.58 3.92 0.00 0.00 95
2021-07-06 10.39 89.61 57.07 3.93 0.00 0.00 151
2021-06-29 9.75 90.25 58.47 3.93 0.00 0.00 153

40 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll be honest since we are in the "truth tree" LOL. The only time (and this is just very seldom) that I sort of laugh at someone getting screwed, is Kevin. With all the talk of "in and up"..."1K".."the hills"..."upslope"   once in awhile some humble pie is nice.  That I admit.

And there it is.. in writing.. the dude wishes for me to not get snow and get screwed Roots for it. Has been denying it for years.. and finally in one of the hottest summers of our lives.. he admits it 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1