Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Hosmer to the Sox....boing.

heh.. . the guy's an aging FB talent ...probably more utility at this point, but that is vastly better than the 'hole' they have at that corner of the diamond up to this point. It's a plug, but it might work. 

Let's get Devers back please?

I feel like some of these moves are a psycho-babble clean-up effort in the club house - but that's purely speculation.   It just doesn't seem like an accident that they looked so composed and focused last night against a 67-39 Houston, and won.  All the sudden Nathan's like Kofax through 7 innings, and they have an effective bullpen 8th and 9th out of nowhere...

Things can come together.  All they need is a couple 7 game win streaks - not as tall an order as that sounds ... - then, just play 600 down the stretch. With this season's competition climate, they'll turn it into a relative success.  Not saying they're winnin' the ALCS here.. but teams sometimes some how some way just get hot.

10 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Continuing the theme of some earlier posts the past few days Friday should see some flash flooders 

This is an oddity to look at ... here, the 12z Euro for Friday, 18z... 

image.thumb.png.2868ab040a42827f0099744133696b05.pngYou have 100's over interior eastern Mass vying for hottest spanning the continent at that hour, and it's so tiny and nucleated inside a weak low attempting to close off on the stalled front... ?

Meanwhile, training bangers with probably, water boarding rain rates aligning from Pittsfield MA to Keene NH -CON, where it is 75 in southern VT. 

I would love to see all that set up that way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This is an oddity to look at ... here, the 12z Euro for Friday, 18z... 

image.thumb.png.2868ab040a42827f0099744133696b05.pngYou have 100's over interior eastern Mass vying for hottest spanning the continent at that hour, and it's so tiny and nucleated inside a weak low attempting to close off on the stalled front... ?

Meanwhile, training bangers with probably, water boarding rain rates aligning from Pittsfield MA to Keene NH -CON, where it is 75 in southern VT. 

I would love to see all that set up that way.

Wow...kind of shocked to see temperatures so high. Friday has potential to have a ton of cloud debris from previous day's convection to our West (hell, we may even see some convection sneak into western areas during the evening and overnight). Once ConvT is reached too we should fire things off pretty rapidly. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

heh.. . the guy's an aging FB talent ...probably more utility at this point, but that is vastly better than the 'hole' they have at that corner of the diamond up to this point. It's a plug, but it might work. 

Let's get Devers back please?

I feel like some of these moves are a psycho-babble clean-up effort in the club house - but that's purely speculation.   It just doesn't seem like an accident that they looked so composed and focused last night against a 67-39 Houston, and won.  All the sudden Nathan's like Kofax through 7 innings, and they have an effective bullpen 8th and 9th out of nowhere...

Things can come together.  All they need is a couple 7 game win streaks - not as tall an order as that sounds ... - then, just play 600 down the stretch. With this season's competition climate, they'll turn it into a relative success.  Not saying they're winnin' the ALCS here.. but teams sometimes some how some way just get hot.

This team is not good enough to compete for a title....I'm not really interested in competing for the 8th wild card slot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This team is not good enough to compete for a title....I'm not really interested in competing for the 8th wild card slot.

Doesn't make much sense to me. Is it an upgrade now, sure. IDK how much the Padres are paying...he's 32-years old and continuing to decline. What may be an upgrade now is going to be a downgrade the next 3-seasons. I'm still thinking there is another deal in the works but quiet so far

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Mm... not sure about that.   To each his own opinion - teams can get hot, and timing is everything therein.  The brilliant one's?  They engineer their streaks.

Not saying they'll succeed here - and in fact, ...I don't argue as of this moment, your more likely right about the 'not good enough.' 

But that may not be the case 1 month from now, given these moves and the expectation of getting talent back on O and D ... Their engineering. We'll see.  It's not black or white with what, 60 games in hand.

48 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm... not sure about that.   To each his own opinion - teams can get hot, and timing is everything therein.  The brilliant one's?  They engineer their streaks.

Not saying they'll succeed here - and in fact, ...I don't argue as of this moment, your more likely right about the 'not good enough.' 

But that may not be the case 1 month from now, given these moves and the expectation of getting talent back on O and D ... Their engineering. We'll see.  It's not black or white with what, 60 games in hand.

Yea, I hear ya.....its black and white to me. We can agree to disagree.....apparently management agrees because the deadline, at best, can be viewed as a neutral impact on this season's team in the aggregate.

Theoretically on paper you are right....they have enough talent to make the PS and get hot at the right time, but you need to make decisions concerning trade deadline strategy based upon the probability that that will occur and it just isn't high enough this season to justify not trying to plan for the future to at least a degree.

They ended up with some extra prospects.