• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

I think another significant factor with respect to ENSO is whether or not there is a concomitant IOD response, as this, in addition to the MEI, helps to inform how well established the ocean-air coupling is. This is important with respect to the MJO because the MJO is essentially a tentacle of the vast tropical ocean-air coupling that the IOD-ENSO system represents.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

An active EPAC is not indicative of Nina, and will increase shear over the Atlantic. The SST anomalies have Nina removed from EPAC and moved west. Sort of interesting.

Its because this is not a canonical la nina, its a modoki...different beast with an entirely disparate convective forcing scheme...just as modoki el nino often leaves the west high and dry, as opposed to canonical el nino.

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Its because this is not a canonical la nina, its a modoki...different beast with an entirely disparate convective forcing scheme...just as modoki el nino often leaves the west high and dry, as opposed to canonical el nino.

Yep. There is a big cold pool underneath the EPAC warm anomalies, so we'll see how that works into it.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. There is a big cold pool underneath the EPAC warm anomalies, so we'll see how that works into it.

I think eventually we see that surface and the warmth from the higher latitudes of the PAC will trend south towards the dateline....this is usually the early stages of the system of ocean currents that facilitates the development of modoki el nino down the line. I think the big IOD plays into kick starting that process, too....nothing in the atmosphere is coincidental.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It was the best one. Admittedly, I used the cheat flutes to beat it lol

Same :lol: 

I agree it was the best. It was just crazy hard. I kind of hated that when you gamed over that you lost all progress on maps beat within a level...even if you saved the game. 

But those final sets of levels...brutal. I think I may have only ever beaten that game twice. 

I actually bought one of the SNES mini's back in the winter. Got this 136-1 cart for like $40 which has Super Mario All Stars and a ton of other games. Although then bought Tecmo Super Bowl and Sporting News Baseball (which may be one of my favorite all time games). 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Same :lol: 

I agree it was the best. It was just crazy hard. I kind of hated that when you gamed over that you lost all progress on maps beat within a level...even if you saved the game. 

But those final sets of levels...brutal. I think I may have only ever beaten that game twice. 

I actually bought one of the SNES mini's back in the winter. Got this 136-1 cart for like $40 which has Super Mario All Stars and a ton of other games. Although then bought Tecmo Super Bowl and Sporting News Baseball (which may be one of my favorite all time games). 

I beat Mario 3 many times....Mario II is the only one I never beat. Mario I only once; that was hard, too.

I was just about unbeatable on Mario Kart....I used to snipe people with shells while I was in front of them hahha

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I beat Mario 3 many times....Mario II is the only one I never beat. Mario I only once; that was hard, too.

I was just about unbeatable on Mario Kart....I used to snipe people with shells while I was in front of them hahha

Mario II was really hard. I don't think I beat that one many times either. I was sick at Mario I...I could beat that over and over. I used to have so many good times with Mario Kart. I think that is one game that never gets old and is also good on just about every system there is. It's equally as fun on SNES as it is say Switch. 

5 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

well at least we can look forward to bloom upgrading the team at the deadline.....oh wait...nevermind...ok back to watching the Sahara dust plumes...

"We just traded the 8th best catcher in MLB for Pee Wee Herman and his spank bank, but we're still trying to make the playoffs".

• Haha 2