• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

NAM is doing the dew on Thursday and as a result is keeping temps relatively down. We saw that happen with the 2018 early July warm plumes come verification time. Something to watch for that could be a fly in the ointment for century mark heat.

• Like 1

I gave up on 100 three or so days ago in the ongoing speculation disco -

Too many dodging idiosyncrasies starts to give that non-scientific sense that if you want to observe the novelty of ...anything really, be it cold or hot, rain or snow...wind whatever, there is a distinctly undeniable aspect where it deliberately does not happen ... LOL

• Like 1

As far as experiencing 100 on the skin - mixed emotions there.  It's like how I want to go to Death Valley just once... Or stand out among the white sands above the Red Sea in a moment when it is 121/88.  Take a few deep breaths. Gaze around at an ozone glazed sky that one's senses impels the imagination, its color hints as magenta.  

But, I would only do either if I had 100% assurance to escape avenues, immediately accessible. 

So it was already a hundred at Logan this summer... It occurred on July 24th ... heh, pretty much smack on the climatological acme.

unless the number was since disqualified... I was around several locations between Clinton and Ayer that day ( Sunday), and the digital display on the dashboard was routinely 101 .. 102.   Probably 96 ... 98 in reality.  It's hard to trust a car's dashboard reading unless you turn off the road and drive across a grassy lea for several miles at a 20 bumpily miles per hour to clear the gauge of asphalt farts. 

or, maybe it was 100 at a few points along the way, just the same - hell, it's within the margin for error.   So not just Boston's west wind anus out where Logan bathes in city wash.  

We could conceivably go some distance to correct seasonal hydro deficits between Friday and Saturday ...if fractals don't intervene negatively... 

Heh.. but that's a nasty look with that Euro's recent several cycles persistently stalling a front/frontalysis between along an ~ DAY-BOS axis.  GFS is 70% or so similar but as usual, it doesn't prefer stalling features and keeps it moving SE into a 594 DM height wall which makes less sense...

Pros are the immense theta-e pooling.  I'm seeing the 00z Euro actually gets Friday back to 90F along the Pike, but DPs are nearing 75 at that time in the 2-m DP product as depicted over at Pivotal.  Forget the HI talk for a moment, that's gotta boil up some big CAPE. If accessible, even an accidental pixel shower out of random CU would water board a down town crossing..  We don't need very obvious triggers in that environment, and the Euro is outright modeling a explosion of slow moving 3"/hr along said/implied convergence - even with the rising heights capping matters. 

• Like 1

Stalled front... slow moving/light steering field aloft ...

These cells are just overcoming the rising heights as the WAR ridge is retrograding W. The sun's zapping all that thete-e. 

Thing is...not sure how the Euro does at 114 hours with the particulars of convection/convective verification, but the orbital synopsis doesn't scream like this can't happen.  That axis of convection would rain with impressive rates..

image.png.37fb299e980de20aacf9355154ea073f.png

• Like 1

Subtle but important differences in this Euro run signify a hotter look Friday and Saturday and Sunday... 

The front it's been hanging around with is ( awt ) minoring out and leaving the region open to the effects of WAR expansion west, and the ability for greater diurnal heating.   Saturday morning has the frontalysis axis into upstate NY-CNE as a returning diffused warm boundary, and that look would be a miserable day from N NJ to SE NH... Probably heat headlnes in that look -