• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Possible sign-up issue?

• 2 months later...

I have a friend who just tried to sign up.  She states: "I registered for an account on American weather but I never received a confirmation email to activate my account. I tried having them resend the confirmation email but it never went through."  

Something appears to be wrong in general because the newest member is listed as Michael Butler, who signed up on September 5th -- presumably, numerous people have tried to sign up since then. Can someone look into this problem?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, RodneyS said:

I have a friend who just tried to sign up.  She states: "I registered for an account on American weather but I never received a confirmation email to activate my account. I tried having them resend the confirmation email but it never went through."  

Something appears to be wrong in general because the newest member is listed as Michael Butler, who signed up on September 5th -- presumably, numerous people have tried to sign up since then. Can someone look into this problem?  Thanks. 

@dendrite @stormtracker

• 3 months later...

I used to post as gpsnavigator, mostly in the NYC forum.

I was frozen out of that account when I attempted to update my e-mail address to a different one.  No confirmation e-mail ever arrived after many attempts to verify the updated e-mail.  An attempt to contact the web administrator went unanswered.

After minor issues, I was able to sign up for this account, which is fine.  I'll use this.  But what exactly is the procedure for updating account settings, e-mails, etc, without having to worry about having the account indefinitely locked in limbo?

5 hours ago, Picard said:

I was frozen out of that account when I attempted to update my e-mail address to a different one.  No confirmation e-mail ever arrived after many attempts to verify the updated e-mail.  An attempt to contact the web administrator went unanswered.

After minor issues, I was able to sign up for this account, which is fine.  I'll use this.  But what exactly is the procedure for updating account settings, e-mails, etc, without having to worry about having the account indefinitely locked in limbo?

@stormtracker

@dendrite

@Wow

9 hours ago, Picard said:

Not sure what happened, but I went ahead and approved the change. Let me know if it works.

• Thanks 1