• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather Threat Week...so many threats!!!

weatherwiz

On 7/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. Everyone should have them.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, DavisStraight said:

You guys need gutter guards

I feel like water would just fly right over the guard and not go in the gutter between all the open space that's taken up by the grid and stuff going caught in the screen... But then again I've never seen them in action

9 hours ago, Whineminster said:

I feel like water would just fly right over the guard and not go in the gutter between all the open space that's taken up by the grid and stuff going caught in the screen... But then again I've never seen them in action

In a heavy rain it does.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Nice cell just south of Saratoga. Rocking 50 dBZ over 40,000 ft. Big boy core.

Wow that's pretty impressive given the shear, especially given CAPE isn't totally out of this world. Sometimes those days we get like 3500-4000 SBCAPE and 2500 MLCAPE are more fun than lower CAPE/higher shear. 

• Like 2

So much for earlier detonation and slow moving flooders, huh?

I don't think this - so far ...we'll see how things go over the next couple of hours - is having to do with dry beget dry and all that. I think it has more to do with these guidance holding onto the total kinematic identity of the fronts and governing mechanics too long.   This on Sat and obs smacks as almost no front at all... and with it paralleling the flow, it's hard moreover to even use that as triggers.  Hghts are not falling so lapse rates suck ..yet again.

It's not a dry feed back thing. It's a models feeding us bullshit thing.  But I'm in a bad mood so hopefully we whacked anyway to rub that in some more

course...the morning miasma of debris and alto gunk isn't helping... Wiz and I were talking about this factor the other day.

WPC analyzed what's left the boundary as a vaguely identifiable trough from roughly d.e.m. to NJ... with said gunk straddling either side.  Sun is tending to normalize the mid troposphere, as evidenced by the recent looping - so more getting through.  Sites around the region are running about 2 to 3 F behind yesterday's temp, by hour, but are also 3-5 more rich in DP.  It may be better than the gripe above if we broach the convective temps.

They also analyze a better newer boundary along the St L seaway... but that's not slated to come quickly SE

On 7/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Chrisrotary12 said:

Just caught a nice CG.

2 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Speaking of pictures,  here is one from my Nest Cam.  This was the July 21rst storm that gave me 1" of rain, hail and the 56mph gust.  We spent a fortune about 10 years ago and put a lightning protection system on the house.  I can enjoy storms much more now knowing that we are protected.

bright lightning.jpg

There it is!