• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather Threat Week...so many threats!!!

weatherwiz

34 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Think its all of the damn pine tree crap.

it's on the to-do list.

The number of Pine needles that came down in the late spring / early summer was unreal. I have to do my gutters this weekend also.  
The contractor who did our roof a few years ago was not into gutter guards. He said the only ones that really work are super expensive and need to be professionally installed. Otherwise most DIY guards still allow debris in and eventually you will need to clean the gutters but it will be a pain in the ass with the guards in place.

I basically just assume I’ll spend an hour or two a couple of times a year on the ladder. However, my house is just a little custom ranch so it’s easy to access the gutters.

• Like 2

Monday overperformed here, yesterday nasomuch.  Maine cocorahs is up to 100 reports so far, and only 4 had no measurable precip.  Two were in Hancock County, Downeast, and the other two were in the small town of New Sharon. :fulltilt:   We did better than our crosstown neighbor however, getting a trace (sprinkles while I was outside grilling dinner) compared to zero.  Meanwhile, the Farmington cocorahs observer had 0.44" and farther south in Auburn, 2 observers had over 2.7".

Here's the map made by Public Lands staff after flying over the area affected by Monday's storm, the one that had hail of tennis ball size.  Fort Kent is about 10 miles north of the upper edge of the pic.  The firetower noted earlier is above the "R" of "Reserved". 
The area north of Eagle Lake (between the town and lake name labels) is where about 200 acres were mostly flattened in 2012 and 2,700 cords salvaged.  This is 2020 imagery at Eagle Lake and 8 years has lessened the visual impact.  (The odd color between Eagle and Square Lakes is open bog.)

1961146406_Deboullieflyover.thumb.png.3743bf399628f2c3123c5d9e8138328b.png

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

That's a better video that what I saw earlier. Contrast is real tough, but if you look closely you can see cloud elements rotating around the front of the funnel. I am comfortable calling that a tornado. Weak one (no debris whatsoever that I can see), but a tornado.

I mean how was this not even severe warned? Seems like someone at ALY dropped the ball.

1 hour ago, WhiteLawns said:

I mean how was this not even severe warned? Seems like someone at ALY dropped the ball.

Wasn't really much to it. Based on the timing reported on social media, it seems like this was a lone cell ahead of the larger line. But there wasn't much rotation to speak of, nothing like the stuff pointed out on here (by Ginxy I think). More of a landspout than tornado I would say.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Wasn't really much to it. Based on the timing reported on social media, it seems like this was a lone cell ahead of the larger line. But there wasn't much rotation to speak of, nothing like the stuff pointed out on here (by Ginxy I think). More of a landspout than tornado I would say.

It was also in a really tough radar spot. 

we need radar back at BDL!!!!!!

30 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It was also in a really tough radar spot. 

we need radar back at BDL!!!!!

Looking back at the velocity scans, I doubt there are many NWS forecasters that would have warned on that cell.  I think calling it more of a landspout is correct; probably helped along by just enough terrain induced rotation.

• Like 1