• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Severe Weather Threat Week...so many threats!!!

weatherwiz

I was way more satisfied with today until I read this thread and saw what I missed.

Got clipped pretty good. A few minutes of the biggest hail since 2011.... some slightly bigger than a quarter but mostly nickels.  Wasn't very "dense" so no real garden damage except to the elephant ears.

Nice weird gust from behind as the storm pulled away.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

I was way more satisfied with today until I read this thread and saw what I missed.

Got clipped pretty good. A few minutes of the biggest hail since 2011.... some slightly bigger than a quarter but mostly nickels.  Wasn't very "dense" so no real garden damage except to the elephant ears.

Nice weird gust from behind as the storm pulled away.

I saw some pics of trees through cottages where my parents are in Moultonborough.

Wow,  2nd most intense thunderstorm I have ever seen.  We must have had a microburst.

56mph gust from the Davis before the anchors were pulled out of the ground and the station blew over.

1" of rain and lots of quarters size hail

This is the video in real time.  As the microburst hit we lost power.  Skip to the end

https://video.nest.com/clip/f83adb4b41f645c4a408d1c2adec1cb7.mp4

During storm  before bigger hail

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

They still had signs flashing on the Mass Pike like at 6:30 saying, “be alert tornado warning”. WEREN’T EVEN CLOSE TO THE TORNADO WARNING. but it was exciting to see 

I know right? I used to take the pike everyday. Nothing better than a blizzard warning.:wub:

9 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Wow,  2nd most intense thunderstorm I have ever seen.  We must have had a microburst.

56mph gust from the Davis before the anchors were pulled out of the ground and the station blew over.

1" of rain and lots of quarters size hail

This is the video in real time.  As the microburst hit we lost power.  Skip to the end

https://video.nest.com/clip/f83adb4b41f645c4a408d1c2adec1cb7.mp4

During storm  before bigger hail

I thought your station is on the roof?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, radarman said:

honestly, I think the tornado probs are a bit underdone if anything.

seemingingly a fail here.  Nice job by the SPC and a heckuva job by Joe D as well.  Those storms were rotating quite a bit aloft and several did have an open feed of moisture to work with, but just couldn't quite get it going in the lower levels.