• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Tuesday, July 12, 2022 Stupid Severe Potential

weatherwiz

What a wild storm. Pretty lame on the approach, very little rumbling and the sky never got impressive or dark.

Wind was extreme. It was mostly in line with the channel so my gardens were unscathed, but the big shorefront white pines flexed in a way I haven't seen in probably 5+ years. A+ roaring. Sky filled with flying branches and that nice pine smell. Power went on/off several times. Fantastic rain rates followed by a nice barrage of very close lightning strikes.

My dad says the cottage colony 1/4 mile up the road at the bend of the Weirs channel (Proctors) took one hell of a beating. Big white pine came down and a massive old oak split. 

Measured a gust to 46, I feel 100% confident that if my anemometer were on the other side of the channel that I would have got 55+.

.67"

Nice day. Feels like eternity since weather last excited me. Hopefully it's just a warmup for the derecho that's going to push my house off the foundation next month.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

What a wild storm. Pretty lame on the approach, very little rumbling and the sky never got impressive or dark.

Wind was extreme. It was mostly in line with the channel so my gardens were unscathed, but the big shorefront white pines flexed in a way I haven't seen in probably 5+ years. A+ roaring. Sky filled with flying branches and that nice pine smell. Power went on/off several times. Fantastic rain rates followed by a nice barrage of very close lightning strikes.

My dad says the cottage colony 1/4 mile up the road at the bend of the Weirs channel (Proctors) took one hell of a beating. Big white pine came down and a massive old oak split. 

Measured a gust to 46, I feel 100% confident that if my anemometer were on the other side of the channel that I would have got 55+.

.67"

Nice day. Feels like eternity since weather last excited me. Hopefully it's just a warmup for the derecho that's going to push my house off the foundation next month.

Always welcome :damage:to

your motel.