• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Observations

yotaman

Man we just keep chipping away at 7” for the month here. We keep getting rain but we either the dying remnants of a formerly severe storm or just the fringe of a storm or shower. Taken rain almost every day this week to get there but we’ve almost picked up the 1” we were missing to hit 7 for the month

On 7/28/2022 at 9:42 PM, NorthHillsWx said:

Looks stormy but outer banks usually benefit from coastal fronts that stop inland convection from making it until very late in the day. Enjoy your stay, I will be in Nags Head for two weeks starting tomorrow 

Just saw this Thanks NHW,,,,I am in Corolla have fun enjoy

IMBY this month: a wet total 11.98", which compares to ~7" normal. But that doesn't tell the whole story.

- July 1-11 had a whopping 10.65", at or near the wettest ever for that period/near 4 times the normal

- July 12-31: only 1.33" with none the past 10 days vs ~4.5" longtime average for July 12-31. So, I ended up <1/3 the normal for July 12-31.

What a lopsided month! Another way to look at it: first third at 7.05", which is one of the wettest, if not, THE wettest for July 1-10. Last third (July 22-31) with no rain: tied for the driest. But the wet still easily wins for the month.

Ended up with .76" today. Had a bad electrical storm just miss us today but it did kill power for about an hour. What a month for rainfall. 13.48" was my total. I believe that is a record for me outside of a tropical system.

End of month stats:

Highest temp: 96

Lowest temp: 66

Highest dew point: 81

Lowest dew point: 65

Rainfall: 13.48"

So, GSO ended up with a robust 7.01” of rain in July, with an average temperate .6” above normal. The highest temperature was 94 degrees on July 24, the lowest was 61 on z July 11. There were two heatwaves, including a heatwave consisting of seven days at the beginning of the month. The highest low temperature was 74, the lowest high was 70.

• jburns unpinned this topic