Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July 2022 Observations

yotaman

On 7/22/2022 at 5:34 PM, marsman said:

0.08" of rain so far in July 2022, in the so-called Cary rain hole.

High today of 100.2 IMBY.

Lawn is dead, but meh. Underground watering for the garden is working great.

Wow what a difference being on the other side of the city makes. We’re at 6.32” and places north of here have more than that 

2 hours ago, WinstonSalemArlington said:

I am shocked to learn GSO is running only .1 degree above normal for July. Why does it seem to be hotter than normal? Media hype?

I think GSO has benefited from a lot of frequent convection (and associated cloud cover), outflows, and MCS systems that other areas in the Carolina’s missed out on. 

On 7/24/2022 at 1:04 PM, NorthHillsWx said:

Wow what a difference being on the other side of the city makes. We’re at 6.32” and places north of here have more than that 

I was out of town and missed the first good rain we had in a while on Saturday the 23rd (.31"). Picked up .50" yesterday and .20" today.

IMBY this month:

- July 1-11 had a whopping 10.65", at or near the wettest ever for that period/near 4 times the normal

- July 12-27: only 1.33" with none the past 7 days and little or none expected the rest of the month vs ~4.5" longtime average for July 12-31. So, will end up <1/3 the normal for July 12-31  if no more rain.

What a lopsided month! But the wet will still easily win with the 11.98" I've already gotten a good 175% of the longterm average.

3 hours ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Heading to the Outer Banks this weekend any insight on what the weekend and upcoming week is looking like ?

Looks stormy but outer banks usually benefit from coastal fronts that stop inland convection from making it until very late in the day. Enjoy your stay, I will be in Nags Head for two weeks starting tomorrow 

• jburns unpinned this topic