Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Banter 2022

George BM

22 hours ago, H2O said:

Man was it nasty on the pool deck for the swim meet today. Needed more clouds. Didn’t get them

It was pretty nice at our place for the first 45 minutes or so, then the clouds thinned and the sun popped out with a vengeance. Our deck gets zero shade during most of the day, and the timers have the sun directly in their faces, so they were getting blasted. The team rep area normally has a canopy, but we decided against putting it up to give the live stream a better view. It got toasty.

As for the team, we're super proud of all the kids right now. They're really been working hard, and we've had some serious time drops in the last week. We also just finished a string of four straight home meets, so all the main volunteers could use the extended weekend for a rest!

• Like 1

On 7/3/2022 at 1:09 PM, toolsheds said:

Boycotting watching  USA Women's Lax this summer.  One of the coaches really played some political BS with my Niece. 

Yep I understand! As a former high school girls lacrosse coach, I was left to pick up the pieces when my players were left heartbroken from the horseshit from several of the DI coaches! Best thing you can do is tell your niece that she’s gonna end up where she should be!! Best of luck to her!

6 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s my birthday! Now shower me with praise and wishes of successfully chasing a strong category two hurricane with a tractor tire eye! 

Happy Birthday Mr. Skeleton! How DO you keep yourself from being blown away when chasing them hurricanes? :D

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s my birthday! Now shower me with praise and wishes of successfully chasing a strong category two hurricane with a tractor tire eye! 

Happy bday man! Hope your wish comes true so we can get some awesome analysis and obs

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Nice photos. Just could not get into any festivities this year but wanted to acknowledge your composition. 

Thank you! I am glad you noted and appreciated the composition. I did actually crop these some to cut out some foreground buildings and such. 

And I totally understand what you mean about not being into much of the festivities.

• Like 2

@H2O...hoping the weather will hold off so we can get Relay Carnival in tonight. Not a huge fan of the pool hosting it, so I hope we can get in and out pretty quickly.

Big meet for us this weekend. Likely that the winner wins our division, but in any case both of us are almost certain to move up next season (for good or ill).

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, mattie g said:

@H2O...hoping the weather will hold off so we can get Relay Carnival in tonight. Not a huge fan of the pool hosting it, so I hope we can get in and out pretty quickly.

Big meet for us this weekend. Likely that the winner wins our division, but in any case both of us are almost certain to move up next season (for good or ill).

Risky weather today but even if things get rained out tonight they have to have them tomorrow and it looks iffy as well. 

We have to go all the way out to Centerville for ours. Giant pain with traffic. Not sure how our Div will play out. I don’t think we will win our next two so might be 2-3 and then we see if we stay or drop. 

Good luck and be careful what you wish for because these higher divs get nasty. The stories I’ve already heard are cringe. Even in our own Div. 

14 minutes ago, H2O said:

Risky weather today but even if things get rained out tonight they have to have them tomorrow and it looks iffy as well. 

We have to go all the way out to Centerville for ours. Giant pain with traffic. Not sure how our Div will play out. I don’t think we will win our next two so might be 2-3 and then we see if we stay or drop. 

Good luck and be careful what you wish for because these higher divs get nasty. The stories I’ve already heard are cringe. Even in our own Div. 

That's a haul to Centreville, so hope the weather stays away and we all get the relays in tonight! Good luck with your last two meets. Looks like your division is really tight, so it's pretty small margins on who goes up, stays, or drops. Ether way, I hope you can get some fun from the rest of the season!

We're way down in 16, so even if we go up, it wouldn't be any higher than 14 (more likely 15) just because of our size. It absolutely won't change how we go about our business...and if that means that we went back down, then so be it! We'd still have meet themes and dress up for all of them, dance after meets, etc. I'd like to think that the other teams of our lofty status would be the same! ;)

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

That's a haul to Centreville, so hope the weather stays away and we all get the relays in tonight! Good luck with your last two meets. Looks like your division is really tight, so it's pretty small margins on who goes up, stays, or drops. Ether way, I hope you can get some fun from the rest of the season!

We're way down in 16, so even if we go up, it wouldn't be any higher than 14 (more likely 15) just because of our size. It absolutely won't change how we go about our business...and if that means that we went back down, then so be it! We'd still have meet themes and dress up for all of them, dance after meets, etc. I'd like to think that the other teams of our lofty status would be the same! ;)

Thanks!  Hope y’all get yours in too. And the rest of your season. Being on the good side of .500 means you usually move up one for sure. We’ve been 2-3 and moved up which was just weird. A lot depends on teams above you and if they lose swimmers or suddenly get strong in an age group. 

My Div is def tight. Had an upset last week where a strong team lost. I’m fine with whatever happens our last two. It might matter to some parents but being any higher won’t be fun next year so I hope we don’t move. 

I think we swam the pool you are going to a long time ago and it’s small. So find shade and just keep the fun attitude where it doesn’t matter where you are at. It’s all about the kids and having fun. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thanks!  Hope y’all get yours in too. And the rest of your season. Being on the good side of .500 means you usually move up one for sure. We’ve been 2-3 and moved up which was just weird. A lot depends on teams above you and if they lose swimmers or suddenly get strong in an age group. 

My Div is def tight. Had an upset last week where a strong team lost. I’m fine with whatever happens our last two. It might matter to some parents but being any higher won’t be fun next year so I hope we don’t move. 

I think we swam the pool you are going to a long time ago and it’s small. So find shade and just keep the fun attitude where it doesn’t matter where you are at. It’s all about the kids and having fun. 

Last year was odd in that we ended at 3-2, but the 2-3 team had more total points than us, and we had more than the 4-1 team. Only the division winner went up, with the 5th and 6th place teams going down. Now it's between us and last year's 4-1 team to see who wins the division. There's a really big gap between us two and the rest of the division this year, so there's no doubt that NVSL will bump us up again.

I can only imagine what being in some of those higher divisions must be like. We just have so much fun with everything we do that I just can't imagine that stress. I hear you on how some parents would take going up or down. There are two or three families who would love for us to go up even higher so their very talented kids had stiffer competition, but it's not a point of contention or anything. I understand that, for sure, but it wouldn't be best for our team.

The coaches just finished putting together our line up for this weekend, and that was the most focused I think they've been this year ( :lol: ). It was fun to put it all together, but doing that on a regular basis with a small team to try to remain competitive in a higher division would be a real pain in the azz!

Yup...that pool is tiny. We were there last year for relay carnival, and it was reeeeally tight. Swimming there again this weekend is going to suck a little! :lol:

Mattie, you handle swim like I handle softball. We are not a great team, lot of injuries this season. But I go out and just have fun every game, don’t care about the score or even how I hit. It’s just for fun. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic