Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
July Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

I was only commenting on how today’s run at 100 was a bust.  However, since I’m here I will reiterate that there is nothing wrong with DCA’s obs other than being a river site in an urban area.

they really should relocate the official DC obs back to somewhere in the District.

• Like 2

Think the biggest thing with this heat wave is that the dewpoints never really mixed out - seems on our 100+ days the dews come down just a bit on the downsloping. My dewpoint has been 70 or higher all day with no signs of dropping. High of 94.5 on the PWS which is still nasty with the humidity...but it's tougher to hit the century mark without that help. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

DCA now 91/75 for the peak HI of the day of 103.

IAD also had a peak HI of 103 with 96/71 earlier. Though I've noticed that the HI on the NWS weather.gov page is always a degree higher than the HI shown on IAD 1-min obs page.

kind of a weak sauce heat wave.  not complaining by any stretch, but at least in frederick, the breeze made it feel like a notch above a typical summer day.  got some hikes and some bball in the last couple days.  not saying i wasn't toasty in the process lol, but we've had worse here.  this was doable.

what i do want are some storms to track.  we need a little excitement in an otherwise fairly boring weather year so far (aside from localized events).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic